TSOT Ruby on Rails Project Night returns April 8th

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Corina, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. Corina

    Corina Guest

    TSOT, Inc. returns with the fourth TSOT Ruby on Rails Project Night on
    April 8th
    5:30pm doors, 6:00pm start
    151 Bloor Street West, Toronto
    This event is free but space is limited: register by emailing

    On April 8th, TSOT returns with another installment of the TSOT Ruby
    on Rails Project Night. Our March event featured a host of dynamic
    presentations on Ruby and Ruby on Rails, delivering a unique
    opportunity for Toronto's programming and development community. You
    can read all about past TSOT Ruby on Rails Project Nights on our
    website at www.tsotinc.com/events; we have also posted slides and
    links from our gracious presenters - Enjoy!

    With the growing success of our event, we are pleased to announce that
    we have been invited to join the IT360 Conference being held in
    Toronto on April 7-9, 2008 as an "off-site" event (www.IT360.ca). TSOT
    Ruby on Rails Project Night will be held on Tuesday April 8th at the
    usual spot, but we are also pleased offer two Ruby on Rails workshops,
    hosted by Obie Fernandez, taking place at the IT360 Conference on
    Monday April 7th. As a 'loyal patron' of the TSOT Ruby on Rails
    Project Night, we are able to offer you a discounted rate for both the
    Obie Fernandez Ruby workshops, as well as the entire IT360 conference.
    Please see below for further details.

    For the TSOT Ruby on Rails Project Night on April 8th, we are pleased
    to have Morph Labs (www.morphexchange.com) join us as a drink sponsor
    (so BYOB is only be necessary in extreme cases!) and the schedule of
    presenters will be released next week. We are expecting a great turn
    out, so please reserve your space TODAY by emailing
    . We are also looking for future presenters;
    contact me at (416) 908-6082 if you are interested in getting
    involved.

    Thank you again for your support and stay tuned for further details
    about April's exciting event!

    Corina and the TSOT Team

    Spend a Day With Obie Fernandez: Pioneer Ruby on Rails Developer!

    It's a Ruby on Rails extravaganza on April 7th at IT360 Conference &
    Expo, the premier event for IT professionals. There are two
    educational tutorials (each 3 hours long) instructed by Obie
    Fernandez; read on for further details, including special pricing for
    fans of the TSOT Ruby on Rails Project Night.

    DATE: Monday April 7, 2008

    PLACE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre (255 Front St. W)

    ===> Tutorial #1 ~ Ruby On Rails I

    ===> 9:00am - 12:00pm

    Session Link: http://www.it360.ca/2008/session_detail.cfm?id=388

    ===> Tutorial #2 ~ Ruby On Rails II

    ===> 1:00pm - 4:00pm

    Session Link: http://www.it360.ca/2008/session_detail.cfm?id=389

    COST and DISCOUNT INFO:

    As a TSOT fan, you receive a 25% discount.

    So it's only $373.50 to spend the day with Obie Fernandez! This
    includes both the morning and afternoon tutorials.

    ++ You must register with Code: EB25

    ++ Early bird rates have been extended for TSOT fans until April 6,
    2008.

    MORE ABOUT THE TUTORIALS:

    Interest in Ruby on Rails has grown incredibly, as "Rails" has made
    its way into mainstream computing. Interest is growing in-part because
    of how much fun & productive programming can be when you use a
    framework that emphasizes common sense, elegance and readability. Obie
    Fernandez will present two tutorials based on his bestselling book,
    "The Rails Way". The morning session provides a basic introduction to
    the main Rails concepts and programming techniques. In the afternoon,
    material will be given about effectively building and deploying real
    applications using Rails.

    ***Special Book Give-Away! Three attendees during each tutorial will
    win a free copy of Obie's book, "The Rails Way". Register today and
    you may be one of the six lucky winners.

    --------------------------------

    MORE ABOUT OBIE:

    Obie Fernandez, CTO of HashRocket, a boutique web consultancy and
    product shop in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Formerly, a senior
    consultant at ThoughtWorks, specializing in complex custom enterprise
    software projects, Obie is a pioneer Ruby on Rails developer and
    author of best selling book, "The Rails Way". He contributes regularly
    to the Ruby on Rails podcast, and is editor for Ruby community
    portals.
    Corina, Mar 26, 2008