TStrings::LoadFromFile and TStrings::LoadFromStream Access ViolationError

Discussion in 'C++' started by gbasilveira@gmail.com, Dec 19, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello all.
    for all the tay long I have been having this problem and I have beed
    surfing all the web for help, but I can't find a solution.
    I am working on a project to open INI Files all the code is done and
    working, but when I try to use any of the two functions for file
    controlling (Open and Save) the same error apeers and it is the most
    important of corse lol...

    So, I am working with Borland C++ Builder 6 (unfortunatly this program
    will work on windows, bah), and when I try to LoadFromFile or
    LoadFromStream in a TStrings or TStringsList (Whitch is inhereted from
    TStrings) and Access Violation of Adress apeears and the program stops
    untill close, so this go ahead without open the file...

    Inicialy I tryed with LoadFromFile and this always returned me the
    error, so I saw somewhere that I should use, in LoadFromStream, Shared
    file but, this still didn't work...

    How can I go arround? :) ... thanks
    , Dec 19, 2007

  2. Zara Guest

    Re: TStrings::LoadFromFile and TStrings::LoadFromStream Access Violation Error

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:48:41 -0800 (PST), ""
    <> wrote:

    >Hello all.
    >for all the tay long I have been having this problem and I have beed
    >surfing all the web for help, but I can't find a solution.
    >I am working on a project to open INI Files all the code is done and
    >working, but when I try to use any of the two functions for file
    >controlling (Open and Save) the same error apeers and it is the most
    >important of corse lol...
    >
    >So, I am working with Borland C++ Builder 6 (unfortunatly this program
    >will work on windows, bah), and when I try to LoadFromFile or
    >LoadFromStream in a TStrings or TStringsList (Whitch is inhereted from
    >TStrings) and Access Violation of Adress apeears and the program stops
    >untill close, so this go ahead without open the file...
    >
    >Inicialy I tryed with LoadFromFile and this always returned me the
    >error, so I saw somewhere that I should use, in LoadFromStream, Shared
    >file but, this still didn't work...
    >
    >How can I go arround? :) ... thanks

    two notes about your message:

    a) It does not belong here. Try borland.cpp.builder.ide (or some
    similar group)

    b) If you list no code, no one will be able to hint ayt the cause of
    the error.

    So, write a new message with some code shown, and send it to the
    correct usenet group

    regards,

    Zara
    Zara, Dec 19, 2007

  3. Re: TStrings::LoadFromFile and TStrings::LoadFromStream AccessViolation Error

    On Dec 19, 6:17 am, Zara <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:48:41 -0800 (PST), ""
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >Hello all.
    > >for all the tay long I have been having this problem and I have beed
    > >surfing all the web for help, but I can't find a solution.
    > >I am working on a project to open INI Files all the code is done and
    > >working, but when I try to use any of the two functions for file
    > >controlling (Open and Save) the same error apeers and it is the most
    > >important of corse lol...

    > >So, I am working with Borland C++ Builder 6 (unfortunatly this program
    > >will work on windows, bah), and when I try to LoadFromFile or
    > >LoadFromStream in a TStrings or TStringsList (Whitch is inhereted from
    > >TStrings) and Access Violation of Adress apeears and the program stops
    > >untill close, so this go ahead without open the file...

    > >Inicialy I tryed with LoadFromFile and this always returned me the
    > >error, so I saw somewhere that I should use, in LoadFromStream, Shared
    > >file but, this still didn't work...

    > >How can I go arround? :) ... thanks

    > two notes about your message:
    >
    > a) It does not belong here. Try borland.cpp.builder.ide (or some
    > similar group)
    >
    > b) If you list no code, no one will be able to hint ayt the cause of
    > the error.
    >
    > So, write a new message with some code shown, and send it to the
    > correct usenet group
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Zara

    I'm sorry ... I didn't remember it could exist a group with that
    name...
    thank you any how
    Guilherme Silveira, Dec 19, 2007