    any module with such functionality.

    Sincerely,
    K.

    vald, Sep 10, 2003

  2. vald <> wrote in
    news::

    > I wonder if there is any module for rendering True
    > Type Fonts in Python ? I need to create a GIF files
    > with nice antialiased text and I'm unable to find
    > any module with such functionality.

    lok at pygame and pil

    chris

    --
    Chris <>

    Chris Liechti, Sep 10, 2003

  3. News M Claveau /Hamster-P, Sep 10, 2003
  4. vald

    Simon Burton Guest

    One idea:
    pygame can render with TTF fonts,
    it can also save surfaces in tga format.
    Then use PIL to convert to gif. The only
    question is, can pygame do this without displaying
    a window etc.

    Simon Burton.

    Simon Burton, Sep 10, 2003

  5. >>> Simon Burton wrote

    > One idea:
    > pygame can render with TTF fonts,
    > it can also save surfaces in tga format.
    > Then use PIL to convert to gif. The only
    > question is, can pygame do this without displaying
    > a window etc.

    Absolutely - I have code here that generates animated gifs doing
    just this sort of thing.

    Anthony
    --
    Anthony Baxter <>

    Anthony Baxter, Sep 11, 2003
  6. vald

    Eric Brunel Guest

    vald wrote:
    > I wonder if there is any module for rendering True
    > Type Fonts in Python ? I need to create a GIF files
    > with nice antialiased text and I'm unable to find
    > any module with such functionality.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > K.

    If you want something a bit lighter than PyGame or PIL, there's also gd with
    gdmodule:
    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html
    http://www.boutell.com/gd/

    HTH
    --
    - Eric Brunel <> -

    Eric Brunel, Sep 11, 2003

  7. >
    > One idea:
    > pygame can render with TTF fonts,
    > it can also save surfaces in tga format.
    > Then use PIL to convert to gif. The only
    > question is, can pygame do this without displaying
    > a window etc.
    >
    > Simon Burton.

    Perhaps python gdmodule will do?
    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html

    --
    Дамјан (jabberID:)

    ISP techs know most computer problems are PEBKAC.
    (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)

    =?UTF-8?B?0LTQsNC80ZjQsNC9INCzLg==?=, Sep 11, 2003