    shibli
    091435
    MCE

    shibli ahmed, May 7, 2010

  2. shibli ahmed

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On May 8, 6:07 am, shibli ahmed <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a student of IUT.
    > My Question is-"how a function  is integrated into a program?"
    > any reply will be appreciated.
    > shibli
    > 091435
    > MCE

    Ak-salaam aleykum. The integration of a function into a program
    consists in making the address of its compiled code, the values or
    addresses of its parameters, and its return value if any, available to
    its caller.

    If the function is part of the same file as the code that calls it,
    its address is known by the compiler. Otherwise a linker needs to
    provide this.

    The parameters are normally provided in a data structure called a
    "stack".

    The return value is placed on this "stack".

    spinoza1111, May 8, 2010

  3. shibli ahmed

    Bill Reid Guest

    On May 7, 3:07 pm, shibli ahmed <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a student of IUT.
    > My Question is-"how a function  is integrated into a program?"
    > any reply will be appreciated.
    > shibli
    > 091435
    > MCE

    Oh, it took years because of the 400 year history of
    discrimination against functions in this country. It
    took marches, riots, and eventually affirmative action
    laws to force programs to accept functions...

    ---
    William Ernest Reid

    Bill Reid, May 8, 2010
  4. On 8 May, 06:27, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > On May 8, 6:07 am, shibli ahmed <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I'm a student of IUT.
    > > My Question is-"how a function  is integrated into a program?"
    > > any reply will be appreciated.
    > > shibli
    > > 091435
    > > MCE

    > Ak-salaam aleykum. The integration of a function into a program
    > consists in making the address of its compiled code, the values or
    > addresses of its parameters, and its return value if any, available to
    > its caller.
    >
    > If the function is part of the same file as the code that calls it,
    > its address is known by the compiler. Otherwise a linker needs to
    > provide this.
    >
    > The parameters are normally provided in a data structure called a
    > "stack".
    >
    > The return value is placed on this "stack".

    I'm failing to distinguish the "regulars" (in the pejorative sense)
    unhelpful replies from your attempts to be helpful!

    Nick Keighley, May 8, 2010
  5. shibli ahmed

    helmuterik Guest

    On 8 Maj, 07:27, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    >// snip

    Why reply to this? It's obvious that it's just generated spam.

    helmuterik, May 8, 2010
  6. shibli ahmed

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-05-08, Nick Keighley <> wrote:
    > I'm failing to distinguish the "regulars" (in the pejorative sense)
    > unhelpful replies from your attempts to be helpful!

    It is actually pretty awesome. Most of the time, people who give hilariously
    unhelpful answers are doing it because they think they're funny. Nilges is
    doing it to try to "spite" people by going against the conventional wisdom
    about how to deal with the spammers, but his persistent inability to get
    technical claims right means that he ends up giving them much more
    destructively wrong answers.

    I occasionally try to give people useless homework answers, but Nilges
    humbles me with the sheer audacity of his performances. I feel like I'm
    trying to do a "guy hits banana peel" act, and then suddenly I'm up against
    Charlie Chaplin.

    -s

    Seebs, May 8, 2010
  7. shibli ahmed

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-05-08, helmuterik <> wrote:
    > On 8 Maj, 07:27, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    >>// snip

    > Why reply to this? It's obvious that it's just generated spam.

    Because he imagines that, since several people he dislikes think it's spam
    and pointless to respond to, the best way to show them up is to provide
    accurate answers to the questions. Sadly, doing so is beyond his ability,
    especially because his views on technical issues consist almost entirely of
    a rejection (out of spite) of anything anyone competent has said on the issue.

    The net result is that he's being much meaner to the hypothetical IUT students
    than anyone else is, which is sort of sad, but there's not much we can do
    about it.

    -s

    Seebs, May 8, 2010
  8. shibli ahmed

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On May 9, 2:08 am, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2010-05-08, Nick Keighley <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm failing to distinguish the "regulars" (in the pejorative sense)
    > > unhelpful replies from your attempts to be helpful!

    > It is actually pretty awesome.  Most of the time, people who give hilariously
    > unhelpful answers are doing it because they think they're funny.  Nilges is
    > doing it to try to "spite" people by going against the conventional wisdom
    > about how to deal with the spammers, but his persistent inability to get
    > technical claims right means that he ends up giving them much more
    > destructively wrong answers.

    Oh? And how would you know? You've told us you have never taken a
    single computer science class; I've taught several.

    Furthermore, this is not a "technical" answer, it's scientific. You're
    not qualified to be in this conversation as witness the fact that you
    criticized Schildt for using a "stack" in exposition in CTCN-3. Had
    you known anything about computer science, you'd know that in talking
    about runtime, we can existentially posit a stack.

    spinoza1111, May 9, 2010
  9. In article <4bf1050b$0$12126$>,
    io_x <> wrote:

    >"shibli ahmed" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm a student of IUT.
    >> My Question is-"how a function is integrated into a program?"

    >this is a NG where people answer *and* doing question
    >if you only doing question without answer not write in a ng

    False. If anything is clear about this NG (and, to lesser extents,
    others like it), it is that the population clearly divides into the
    question askers and the question answerers. In fact, if you have attained
    the status of question answerer, then make the mistake of asking a
    question, you will find yourself demoted. They will no longer treat you
    as one of the 'in crowd'.

    --
    > No, I haven't, that's why I'm asking questions. If you won't help me,
    > why don't you just go find your lost manhood elsewhere.

    CLC in a nutshell.

    Kenny McCormack, May 17, 2010