Turn off console output in Apache FOP .93

crazyatlantaguy

I recently went from using Apache FOP 0.2 to 0.93 but have been unable
to figure out how to turn off or redirect the logging output.
Currently it is all dumped to the console.

Although the brief mention of it in their documentation tells me the
logging is handled by Jakarta Commons Logging, I don't know enough
about that (nor can I find anything in *their* documentation) to at
least turn logging off. A simple example somewhere would do wonders.
Has anyone else worked with this who could point me in the right
direction, or give me an example?

Google has proven to be less than helpful since most of what I come
across is for FOP 0.2.

Many thanks -

CrazyAtlantaGuy

Turns out the answer was simple.

Logger fopLogger = Logger.getLogger("org.apache.fop");
fopLogger.setLevel(Level.SEVERE);