    is there a way to work this problome?
    it can be a perl line or a comand in the system - i donwt care.

    please help me.

    dana livni, Jul 13, 2004

  2. dana livni

    Ian Wilson Guest

    dana livni wrote:
    > i have a text file saved in the UTF-8 format.
    > i need to read from it (in perl) process the data and then insert it
    > into an ACCESS DB.
    > the text contain hebrow and english characters togther.
    > when i do so all the hebrow in the DB turn to non readable text.
    > but if i change (by hand) the format Witch in the file is saved to an
    > ASNI format, both the hebrow data and the english data is ok.

    Presumably one of the several "Windows ANSI" character sets includes
    both Hebrew characters and ASCII.
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/unicode/cs.htm

    > is there a way to work this problome?
    > it can be a perl line

    I'd start by reading
    perldoc utf8

    > or a comand in the system - i donwt care.

    http://recode.progiciels-bpi.ca/

    My preference, if I were doing this, would be to see if there is a way
    to get the database to work with UTF-8.

    Ian Wilson, Jul 15, 2004