Turning an ascx user control into a redistributable custom control dll problems

Discussion in '.NET' started by osi_nl, Aug 19, 2006.

  1. osi_nl

    osi_nl

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have an usercontrol based on a asxc and asxc.cs file and rebuild it into a dll using the Web deployment project. WHen I use the control via a
    <%@Register Assembly="my.Controls" Namespace="MYCONT" TagPrefix="xxx"%>

    <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="AdminPlaceHolder" runat="Server">
    <xxx:mycontrol1 ID="cmsInfo" runat="server" />

    The 'mycontrol1' control loads ok but the controls containing within the original ascx file: grids, buttons etc have a null reference. I have viewed the my.Controls.dll (created without debug info and excluding the appcode) and it contains several several namespaces:
    MYCONT, ASP and __ASP. I noticed in the ASP namespace may of the ascx controls have a __Buildcontrol'originalName' type name where 'originalname' is that of the control in the original ascx file. The __ASP contains an ASP.FastObjectFactory member.

    The documentation indicates that its just a simple build dll and go...but like everything in ASP I've just wasted another day, because I HOPE some simple oversight.

    Herman

    osi_nl, Aug 19, 2006