turning off javascript..

The Natural Philosopher

JR said:
Of course I'm considering that you've told us, from the beginning,
that you are "designing the public facing part of a sales website".
Therefore, you will need a server-side language and a server database
to accomplish that.

ER, he's not the OP: I am, and that's all in place already. Mysql/PHP

The Natural Philosopher

Doug said:
What?

You have multiple <input> elements in a form, and multiple submit buttons.
Click *any* of the submit buttons, and the values of *all* of the <input>
elements are transmitted to the server.

Yes, but they are not changed *by the action of clicking on the button*.

The Natural Philosopher

Doug said:
What?

You have multiple <input> elements in a form, and multiple submit buttons.
Click *any* of the submit buttons, and the values of *all* of the <input>
elements are transmitted to the server.

Is English your second language?

CHANGE one of them. Not SEND one of them.

Doug Miller

Is English your second language?

CHANGE one of them. Not SEND one of them.

SEND is the normal action when clicking the submit button. Why do you want to
CHANGE *any* of them by clicking the *submit* button?

It seems you are a little confused about how forms operate.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Doug said:
Actually, yes it was, since the OP was asking how to accomplish a task
*without* using javascript, and my discussion with him described in a
general way how to manage it using server-side scripting.

You are wrong, read again. (I had already marked the important part, how
could you miss it twice?)
Wrong in what way, pray tell?

"The array of POST variables sent to the server ..."

PointedEars

Doug Miller

You are wrong, read again. (I had already marked the important part, how
could you miss it twice?)

No, you didn't mark the important part, and I didn't miss it. You did. The
important part is in this sentence from the first post in the thread, which
had already been trimmed out before these messages appeared:

"Now, if I posit 'javascript off' I must needs do it with straight URLS,
and only GET variables embedded in it to control server side behaviour."

*That* is the context in which I was replying: javascript off.