Turns out, ATLAS doesn't work

SlashDrew

So I converted my old 1.1 project to 2.0 using the addon that allows
for deploying projects the 'old' way. I tried to add an update panel
on a new page with a button and a label (the most simplistic of
examples) and I get an alert of 'unspecified error'. Sweet. So, I add
an update panel to an existing page and wire it up to a button. Click
the button and get

Masudur

SlashDrew said:
So I converted my old 1.1 project to 2.0 using the addon that allows
for deploying projects the 'old' way. I tried to add an update panel
on a new page with a button and a label (the most simplistic of
examples) and I get an alert of 'unspecified error'. Sweet. So, I add
an update panel to an existing page and wire it up to a button. Click
the button and get

Hi,

If you are using old atlas ctp... upgrade to Asp.net Ajax bata 2...
Sinse you are using 1.1 project. Install the web application project
for vs2005.
Then convert your project.

After successful conversion .. Add Script manager to your page and then
enable partial rendaring of the scriptmanager...

Then use ajax update panel

Thanks

Masudur
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd

SlashDrew

Hmm, I don't think I had the beta 2. I'll give that a go. Thanks for
taking the time to respond.

Chris

SlashDrew

I've got the beta 2 installed. I read through the changes and they
seemed pretty straight forward. Just to make sure I got all the
modifications to the web.config correct, I created a new Ajax Enabled
website. However, I get a compiler error right off the bat that says:

Section or group name 'microsoft.web' is already defined. Updates to
this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined.
(C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\My
Webs\Falconer\ajaxenabledwebsite\web.config line 4)

I'll look it up, but if you know of anything that this points to, I'd
appreciate the help.

Masudur

SlashDrew said:
I've got the beta 2 installed. I read through the changes and they
seemed pretty straight forward. Just to make sure I got all the
modifications to the web.config correct, I created a new Ajax Enabled
website. However, I get a compiler error right off the bat that says:

Section or group name 'microsoft.web' is already defined. Updates to
this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined.
(C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\My
Webs\Falconer\ajaxenabledwebsite\web.config line 4)

I'll look it up, but if you know of anything that this points to, I'd
appreciate the help.
Hi,
Check your web.config...

if the error is

"Error 31
Section or group name 'microsoft.web' is already defined. This can not
be defined multiple times."

Then you have doplicate sections in web.config....

Make sure you have only one "microsoft.web" section in your
web.config

Thanks.

Masudur
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd

SlashDrew

Make sure you have only one "microsoft.web" section in your
web.config

Already checked. I'm thinking it's the parent folder (which also has a
web.config) causing the proplem. Let's see.

SlashDrew

Ok, got it working. So, I create my new page, add my most basic update
panel and all works well. I was overwhelmed with delight (you have no
idea). So I happily wrap one of my existing code snippets into an
update panel, set it to always update (UpdateMode="always"), set it's
internal controls as triggers (ChildrenAsTriggers="true"), make sure
partial page rendering is enabled on the script manager
(EnablePartialRendering="True") and build. I click my button in the
update panel, and the whole page posts back. I then added an external
button and added it's click as a trigger but I had the same results.
Are there some common reasons why this might be the case that anyone
would suggest I check?

Thanks a lot, mates
Chris J.