Tutorial or example use for python-graph library

Paul Moore

I have just discovered the python-graph library. I've been interested
in graph algorithms for a long time, so I'd like to give this a try.
But there seems to be very little in the way of examples, or tutorial
documentation available. There's the API documentation, but that's not
really narrative form. And there are some examples in the
distribution, but these seem to be essentially artificial examples,
rather than real-world code (and they don't have much in the way of
documentation!)

Are there any reasonably-sized tutorials, or examples of common real-
world code, using this package? My google-fu wasn't strong enough to
find anything directly :-(

Thanks,
Paul

(e.g. emre)

I have just discovered the python-graph library. I've been interested
in graph algorithms for a long time, so I'd like to give this a try.
But there seems to be very little in the way of examples, or tutorial
documentation available. There's the API documentation, but that's not
really narrative form. And there are some examples in the
distribution, but these seem to be essentially artificial examples,
rather than real-world code (and they don't have much in the way of
documentation!)

Are there any reasonably-sized tutorials, or examples of common real-
world code, using this package? My google-fu wasn't strong enough to
find anything directly :-(

Thanks,
Paul

Hi,
you might want to check networkx as well, it is considerably well
documented:
http://networkx.lanl.gov/
Emre

Paul Moore

Try writing one yourself, as you are learning the interface.  The
package authors will love it, and will probably be overjoyed to
help you as you stumble.

You're probably right. Some of the concepts (hypergraphs, for example)
are new to me, and I guess I was hoping for some sample code to start
me off understanding what they might be useful for. But I'll go the
other route and search around for some of the theory first and see how
I might apply it, and then try building code from that.

Paul