    Details].orderid it gives me type mismatch error.I am just trying to do
    same thing as in video example. Any idea what am I doing wrong?
    Please Help!!
    BB, Jun 27, 2006

  2. It would help if, instead of a general "what's wrong?" post, you would post
    the exact text of the error returned and the source code segment to which
    the error message points to.

    Please snip out any non-essential code.
    Only post the error text and the several lines of code that the error points to.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 27, 2006

  3. BB

    BB Guest

    Ok..this is diffcult to explain. Let me try again...Sorry about that.
    I did mention what error I get before.

    I get an error saying "Data type error in expression" . If you have
    chance to watch that video example I mentioned before. You would see
    example of filtering dataset on "State" field . I noticed field type of
    state field is string. But when I try to do samething for OrderID field
    in "Order Dteails" table OrderID datatype is Long Integer. Is that why
    I get that error? How you pass parameters to dataset that have numeric
    datatype?

    know what I mean?

    BB, Jun 28, 2006
  4. BB

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Can you post your code and the line that fails?

    Ray Booysen, Jun 28, 2006
  5. BB

    BB Guest

    Hello sir.. I could make it work thank you. I have one more question
    though.
    I am writing some code in Page_Load event

    Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=" + "C:\Test\App_Data" + "\Northwind.mdb;Persist Security
    Info=True"

    Dim MySQL As String = "Select * from [Order Details] Where
    OrderID =" & mOrderID
    Dim MyConn As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(strConn)
    Dim objDR As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader
    'Dim Cmd As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(MySQL)
    Dim Cmd As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(MySQL, MyConn)
    MyConn.Open()

    Here how I could use connection string from web.config. So that I dont
    have redclare it heere one more time?
    csn I use
    Dim MyConn As New
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(TestNorthwindConnectionString)--where
    "TestNorthwindConnectionString" is connection string specified in
    web.config.?

    BB, Jun 28, 2006