TV series about this newsgroup

Discussion in 'C++' started by Paul, Feb 24, 2011.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    This newsgroup is so comical I was considering making a TV series based on
    it.

    The series would be based in an office environment with different characters
    based on thier intelllectual abilites.

    Character types from , heirarchy on an evolutionary scale from highest to
    lowest:

    1) Pete Beckers and Francis Glassboro's type characters:
    Authorative characters who expect respect and are generally intelligent and
    hold superior positions. Their word is usually final, correct and they are
    not required to respond after their final word is given. It is considered
    obscene for an individual to ever question their autohrity or their
    correctness.

    2) James Kanze and Victor Bazarov type characters:
    These are the technical backbone of the office and they are usually pretty
    technically accurate. They have a good indepth knowledge of the language and
    standards. They have dedicated their lives to the full understanding of the
    C++ language, as defined by the C++ standards. They are like robots
    programmed to understand standard C++ but become completely brain dead given
    any other information, sometimes they go into overload and get themsleves
    confused.

    3)Itaj type characters:
    These types are persistent and trully believe their ways are always the
    best. Given a new concept , such as ordinary functions are same a
    memberfunctions with an extra parameter, they will assume ownership of the
    concept and present it in suvh a way as its their idea. They are somewhat
    open to new ideas but they fundamentally they aspire to their superiors and
    will innevitably bow down to authority when confronted.

    4)Joshua and redfloyd type charaters:
    They are the office socialites, general programmers who are usefull for
    trival tasks but bear no real weight in the office. They go with the flow
    and suck up to the bosses and generally strive to be one of the gang and
    attempt to create sub-groups within the office based on thier personnal
    feeling.

    5) Leigh Jonstone type character:
    They are the botton of the evolutionary scale and they are the quite
    brooding types who are generally considered weirdos by the rest of the
    office staff. They study hard and occasionally have outburts of intelligence
    based on their intensive researching of documents prior to the outburst.
    Occasionally they have temporal outburts and take the huff with other office
    members. They are quite and reclusive and are often the subject of an office
    joke.

    Does anyone have anything to add to this?

    Paul, Feb 24, 2011

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "Leigh Johnston" <> wrote in message
    > On 24/02/2011 16:15, Paul wrote:
    >> This newsgroup is so comical I was considering making a TV series based
    >> on it.
    >>
    >> The series would be based in an office environment with different
    >> characters based on thier intelllectual abilites.
    >>
    >> Character types from , heirarchy on an evolutionary scale from highest
    >> to lowest:
    >>
    >> 1) Pete Beckers and Francis Glassboro's type characters:
    >> Authorative characters who expect respect and are generally intelligent
    >> and hold superior positions. Their word is usually final, correct and
    >> they are not required to respond after their final word is given. It is
    >> considered obscene for an individual to ever question their autohrity or
    >> their correctness.
    >>
    >> 2) James Kanze and Victor Bazarov type characters:
    >> These are the technical backbone of the office and they are usually
    >> pretty technically accurate. They have a good indepth knowledge of the
    >> language and standards. They have dedicated their lives to the full
    >> understanding of the C++ language, as defined by the C++ standards. They
    >> are like robots programmed to understand standard C++ but become
    >> completely brain dead given any other information, sometimes they go
    >> into overload and get themsleves confused.
    >>
    >> 3)Itaj type characters:
    >> These types are persistent and trully believe their ways are always the
    >> best. Given a new concept , such as ordinary functions are same a
    >> memberfunctions with an extra parameter, they will assume ownership of
    >> the concept and present it in suvh a way as its their idea. They are
    >> somewhat open to new ideas but they fundamentally they aspire to their
    >> superiors and will innevitably bow down to authority when confronted.
    >>
    >> 4)Joshua and redfloyd type charaters:
    >> They are the office socialites, general programmers who are usefull for
    >> trival tasks but bear no real weight in the office. They go with the
    >> flow and suck up to the bosses and generally strive to be one of the
    >> gang and attempt to create sub-groups within the office based on thier
    >> personnal feeling.
    >>
    >> 5) Leigh Jonstone type character:
    >> They are the botton of the evolutionary scale and they are the quite
    >> brooding types who are generally considered weirdos by the rest of the
    >> office staff. They study hard and occasionally have outburts of
    >> intelligence based on their intensive researching of documents prior to
    >> the outburst. Occasionally they have temporal outburts and take the huff
    >> with other office members. They are quite and reclusive and are often
    >> the subject of an office joke.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have anything to add to this?
    >>

    > int x;
    >
    > 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >
    > 'x' is a region of storage; 'x' is an uninitialized region of storage.
    >
    > HTH.

    This is obviously of some significance to Leigh. I often find it difficult
    to interpret his barbaric communication techniques. Perhaps he has developed
    some new language that he thinks I can understand, can anyone help me
    decipher it or should I just throw him some peanuts and ignore him?

    Paul, Feb 24, 2011

  3. Paul

    > On 24/02/2011 16:15, Paul wrote:
    >> This newsgroup is so comical I was considering making a TV series based
    >> on it.
    >>
    >> The series would be based in an office environment with different
    >> characters based on thier intelllectual abilites.
    >>
    >> Character types from , heirarchy on an evolutionary scale from highest
    >> to lowest:
    >>
    >> 1) Pete Beckers and Francis Glassboro's type characters:
    >> Authorative characters who expect respect and are generally intelligent
    >> and hold superior positions. Their word is usually final, correct and
    >> they are not required to respond after their final word is given. It is
    >> considered obscene for an individual to ever question their autohrity or
    >> their correctness.
    >>
    >> 2) James Kanze and Victor Bazarov type characters:
    >> These are the technical backbone of the office and they are usually
    >> pretty technically accurate. They have a good indepth knowledge of the
    >> language and standards. They have dedicated their lives to the full
    >> understanding of the C++ language, as defined by the C++ standards. They
    >> are like robots programmed to understand standard C++ but become
    >> completely brain dead given any other information, sometimes they go
    >> into overload and get themsleves confused.
    >>
    >> 3)Itaj type characters:
    >> These types are persistent and trully believe their ways are always the
    >> best. Given a new concept , such as ordinary functions are same a
    >> memberfunctions with an extra parameter, they will assume ownership of
    >> the concept and present it in suvh a way as its their idea. They are
    >> somewhat open to new ideas but they fundamentally they aspire to their
    >> superiors and will innevitably bow down to authority when confronted.
    >>
    >> 4)Joshua and redfloyd type charaters:
    >> They are the office socialites, general programmers who are usefull for
    >> trival tasks but bear no real weight in the office. They go with the
    >> flow and suck up to the bosses and generally strive to be one of the
    >> gang and attempt to create sub-groups within the office based on thier
    >> personnal feeling.
    >>
    >> 5) Leigh Jonstone type character:
    >> They are the botton of the evolutionary scale and they are the quite
    >> brooding types who are generally considered weirdos by the rest of the
    >> office staff. They study hard and occasionally have outburts of
    >> intelligence based on their intensive researching of documents prior to
    >> the outburst. Occasionally they have temporal outburts and take the huff
    >> with other office members. They are quite and reclusive and are often
    >> the subject of an office joke.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have anything to add to this?

    > 6) Paul type character:
    >
    > The guy who changes the water cooler and cleans the toilets.

    It would be difficult to incorporate a cleaner as cleaning is usually done
    outwith office hours. A cameo role could be considered for a changer of
    water bottles but this would not be a main character.
    Also the Leigh character is bottom of the evolutionary scale so it's not
    possible to add any lower characters.

    Ty for your suggestion, all the same *Leigh*.

    Paul, Feb 24, 2011
  4. Paul

    > On 24/02/2011 16:47, Paul wrote:
    >>
    >> "Leigh Johnston" <> wrote in message

    >>> int x;
    >>>
    >>> 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >>>
    >>> 'x' is a region of storage; 'x' is an uninitialized region of storage.
    >>>
    >>> HTH.
    >>>

    >> This is obviously of some significance to Leigh. I often find it
    >> difficult to interpret his barbaric communication techniques. Perhaps he
    >> has developed some new language that he thinks I can understand, can
    >> anyone help me decipher it or should I just throw him some peanuts and
    >> ignore him?

    > int x;
    >
    > 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >
    > 'x' is a region of storage; 'x' is an uninitialized region of storage.

    strange behaviour ^^^^^^^, he keeps repeating as though he has a copy and
    paste obsesssion, anyone got a clue?

    Paul, Feb 24, 2011