    avoid having a user logged in on the scanner-computer.

    -------
    Tomas

    Tomas Christiansen, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Tomas Christiansen

    Hank Fay Guest

    Hi Tomas,

    I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what one
    would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
    service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
    scanning.

    Hank

    Hank Fay, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Hank Fay skrev:
    > I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what

    one
    > would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
    > service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
    > scanning.

    No, no, no :)

    Some (ANY) user MUST be logged on to the workstation connected to the
    scanner for a TWAIN-scan to be successful. If the Python program is running
    as a Windows 2000 service (controlled by a VB6 program of my own, spawning
    the Python program), the service MUST have access to the desktop (so it MUST
    run under local system account).

    It's very anoying!

    -------
    Tomas