TWAIN module

Tomas Christiansen

Anyone having experience with Kevin Gill's TWAIN module (from
www.sourceforge.org)?

Seems that a user MUST be logged in on the computer (Windows 2000) to be
able to scan on a TWAIN-scanner?
Trying to create a network-attached scanner service, so I would like to
avoid having a user logged in on the scanner-computer.

Hank Fay

Hi Tomas,

I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what one
would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
scanning.

Hank

Tomas Christiansen

Hank Fay skrev:
I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what one
would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
scanning.

No, no, no :)

Some (ANY) user MUST be logged on to the workstation connected to the
scanner for a TWAIN-scan to be successful. If the Python program is running
as a Windows 2000 service (controlled by a VB6 program of my own, spawning
the Python program), the service MUST have access to the desktop (so it MUST
run under local system account).

It's very anoying!