tweets in json via xmlhttprequest?

deostroll

I am not able to get tweets (http://twitter.com/statuses/
public_timeline.json) in json format using the xmlhttprequest object?
When I try this on IE I get an access denied error. If I do this in FF
I get some URI restriction. On researching, this has something to do
with cross-site scripting and "same origin policy" in the design of
the xmlhttprequest object. What is the work around for this?

--deostroll

PS: if the url above is incorrect plz forgive me.

Martin Honnen

deostroll said:
I am not able to get tweets (http://twitter.com/statuses/
public_timeline.json) in json format using the xmlhttprequest object?
When I try this on IE I get an access denied error. If I do this in FF
I get some URI restriction. On researching, this has something to do
with cross-site scripting and "same origin policy" in the design of
the xmlhttprequest object. What is the work around for this?

IE 8 has XDomainRequest
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288060(VS.85).aspx
but that requires the cooperation of the server processing the Origin
request header and sending a Access-Control-Allow-Origin response header.

Other than that you need to make such requests from your server-side
application and have your client-side code make requests to your own server.

Bart Van der Donck

deostroll said:
I am not able to get tweets (http://twitter.com/statuses/
public_timeline.json) in json format using the xmlhttprequest object?
When I try this on IE I get an access denied error. If I do this in FF
I get some URI restriction. On researching, this has something to do
with cross-site scripting and "same origin policy" in the design of
the xmlhttprequest object. What is the work around for this?

You might be interested in www.ajax-cross-domain.com to send/retrieve
information to/from remote servers in javascript.