twenty years ago Guido created Python

Steve Howell

FYI:

http://twitter.com/gvanrossum

Python is a truly awesome programming language. Not only is Guido a
genius language designer, but he is also a great project leader. What
an accomplishment. Congratulations to everybody who has contributed
to Python in the last two decades!

J Peyret

FYI:

http://twitter.com/gvanrossum

Python is a truly awesome programming language.  Not only is Guido a
genius language designer, but he is also a great project leader.  What
an accomplishment.  Congratulations to everybody who has contributed
to Python in the last two decades!

Notwithstanding all of the above, which are all true, having met
Guido, I say he is a genuinely nice human being. Go BSD derivatives.

Krishnakant

Notwithstanding all of the above, which are all true, having met
Guido, I say he is a genuinely nice human being. Go BSD derivatives.

Indeed,
python is a great programming language.
May be it was not marketted as much as languages like java or not as
much as platforms like rails.
But who cares? I must mention here that I am totally blind and the
talking software (screen reader ) I use on GNU/Linux called Orca is also
programmed using python.

And I make web applications and off late started to use pylons ( again
centered around python).
I see that python is for 2 kind of programmers.
one which are absolute beginners to programming itself who want to learn
the scientific art of programming and the second is the extreme experts
who need the power and performance nicely balanced.

Great work!

happy hfacking.
Krishnakant.

MRAB

J said:
Notwithstanding all of the above, which are all true, having met
Guido, I say he is a genuinely nice human being.
And anyone who says he isn't will be put into the comfy chair! :)

dennis

Indeed,
python is a great programming language.
May be it was not marketted as much as languages like java or not as
much as platforms like rails.
But who cares?  I must mention here that I am totally blind and the
talking software (screen reader ) I use on GNU/Linux called Orca is also
programmed using python.

And I make web applications and off late started to use pylons (  again
centered around python).
I see that python is for 2 kind of programmers.
one which are absolute beginners to programming itself who want to learn
the scientific art of programming and the second is the extreme experts
who need the power and performance nicely balanced.

Great work!

happy hfacking.
Krishnakant.

That's incredible.

Chris Jones

FYI:

http://twitter.com/gvanrossum

Python is a truly awesome programming language. Not only is Guido a
genius language designer, but he is also a great project leader. What
an accomplishment. Congratulations to everybody who has contributed
to Python in the last two decades!

Interesting to note that Guido's achievements prompt much less response,
and get much less coverage, than Xah Lee's :)

I guess Guido's not one to care much about beauty contests anyway.

HNY,

CJ

Chris Jones

Interesting to note that Guido's achievements prompt much less
response, and get much less coverage […]

The entirety of ‘comp.lang.python’ is an ongoing response to Guido van
Rossum's achievements (and all the others that make Python great).
Mere week- or month-long threads are paltry by comparison.

That I understand. But my remark was not really about Guido.. but rather
in a roundabout way, more of a poke at Xah Lee, hopefully avoiding the
troll-feeding trap. Sorry you missed my point.

Come to think of it, since I have nothing much to say about python, but
nevertheless enjoy reading most of the material on this list, this was
mostly an excuse to wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

CJ

n00m

Ok, let me evolve a bit my thought.
Guido is Eropean Culture.
Now say what was invented by Japanese, by Chinese?
Nothing.
Barbaric cultures, they are animals inborn animals.
Russian Sikorsky built choppers for Eisenhower.
Look at letter "S" on them -- its his name
What you know about his destiny?
You know knothing. Yuou don't know that only the
greatest Russian composer Rakhmaninov helped him, in America.
Literally -- by money, the composer gave him all his fortune ~$1500
Be not this help -- no choppers in America

n00m

Now tell me:
what ahat this mobs of yellow, africans, asiats, are doing in
Stockholm?
Do you think your govs let me in just to vist England, Norway? Never.
Its all conditionally. But the fact is. IS.
You roll our world into abyss of stupidity

n00m

All swines must be called swines.
Enough for me.
This swines killed people in WTC
and I want them be killed, all this arabs, chechens, chinese
all this crowds of parasites

n00m

And you consider us, Russians, as ...
We are the most kind people, visit me, I owe money but
feed you and let you drink ocean of votka, champange
Never confuse Russians with Jews born in Russia
They looted my country, this bitches

r0g

n00m said:
Ok, let me evolve a bit my thought.
Guido is Eropean Culture.
Now say what was invented by Japanese, by Chinese?
Nothing.
Barbaric cultures, they are animals inborn animals.
Russian Sikorsky built choppers for Eisenhower.
Look at letter "S" on them -- its his name
What you know about his destiny?
You know knothing. Yuou don't know that only the
greatest Russian composer Rakhmaninov helped him, in America.
Literally -- by money, the composer gave him all his fortune ~$1500
Be not this help -- no choppers in America

Announcement: You can download the latest version of this cutting edge
bot from here...

http://www.illiteratexenophobicrantingracistsimulator.ru/usenet_spambot.py

Plugins available here...

http://www.illiteratexenophobicrantingracistsimulator.ru/terrible_spelling.py
http://www.illiteratexenophobicrantingracistsimulator.ru/inconsequential_facts.py
http://www.illiteratexenophobicrantingracistsimulator.ru/rabid_nationalism.py

Happy new year everybody!

Roger.

Chris Jones

[..]
Sorry you missed my point.

I didn't, since I attempted to bring it back on topic by expunging the
off-topic part of your message.

Er.. what's 'off-topic' about mentioning that a couple of trolls on this
list often seem to attract far more interest than a genuine testimonial
to Guido's achievement?
Sorry I failed to salvage the thread.

Man with a Mission, hehe..

CJ

n00m

Plugins available here...
Dude, you nothing compared to me.
I studied physics in Moscow Institute of Applied Physics,
I left my middle school with Golden Medal
And you teach me? You who know only 2+2? Are you from Cambridge,
from Berkley? Wake up, you are simple dumb shit

Daniel Fetchinson

Sorry I failed to salvage the thread.

Go, quick, these threads are all around us! They are popping up
everywhere! Go, go, quick! There is another troll thread right there!
They are encircling us! They keep coming! At least one troll thread
started on usenet just since I started typing! Quick, quick, do
something! Do something! Save us!

Steve Holden

Ben said:
I wouldn't characterise this thread as a “troll threadâ€. If you think it
is, that's fine I suppose.

I'll continue to try improving the signal to noise ratio (modulo
noise.
And I, for one, offer you my thanks for your efforts.

regards
Steve

Daniel Fetchinson

Go, quick, these threads are all around us! They are popping up
And I, for one, offer you my thanks for your efforts.

Me too. But Ben will not get the Best Sense of Humor Award of 2010 for sure :)
Although who knows, there is a full year ahead and things can change .........

Cheers,
Daniel

n00m

Ben, go away from here. With all your stupids sigs.
Do you think are you original?
You are a stupid animal.
Guido, Tim Peters, Raymond Hettinger are geniuis.
I don't know exactly Python mob. Maybe forgot someone.
You is only a source of depspise for them
You get your everymonth fucking 1000 e sitting here
whom are you teaching? This crowds of animals?
They and you you cant nothing