twig requires 5.004, I am using Windows v5.6.1, which twig do I need

Sherman Willden

I would like to use XML::Twig but use XML::Twig returns "Compilation
failed in require, BEGIN failed - compilation aborted." I downloaded
Twig-3.10 from cpan. Can you help me to obtain the correct Twig for
perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread.

Thanks;

Sherman

Sisyphus

Sherman Willden said:
I would like to use XML::Twig but use XML::Twig returns "Compilation
failed in require, BEGIN failed - compilation aborted."

This often means that you've tried to 'use' a module that you don't have
installed - and there's normally something in the error message to tell you
which module that was. I think you've only provided the last part of the
error message - best if you post (a copy'n'paste of) the entire output.

I downloaded
Twig-3.10 from cpan. Can you help me to obtain the correct Twig for
perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread.

That will be suitable. 'require 5.004' means 'require 5.004 or later'.

Cheers,
Rob