    Ok folks, we're on for the second TC RUG meeting!

    Date: January 31st, Tuesday
    Time: 7:30PM
    Venue: Digital River, in Eden Prairie, MN (directions below); wireless net
    access provided

    Agenda:

    1. Announcements - please send me any announcements you want to share
    with the group, or stand up when the time comes
    2. Introductions - we'll go around again with some quick 10-second
    intros, to help remind everyone of names and get new folks into the
    mix
    3. Outstanding RUG questions: group name? status of web site and
    related services? status of non-profit work potential? We will
    probably try to vote on a group name, so don't complain if you miss
    out!
    4. Presentation #1: "JRuby: Bringing Ruby to the JVM" by Charles
    Nutter and Thomas Enebo
    We'll try to make it relevant to both the Ruby and Java worlds, with
    lots of cool demos and discussion time to follow. We're the two active
    members of the JRuby team, and JRuby is under heavy development ahead
    of our JavaOne presentation.
    5. Breather/discussion time
    6. Presentation #2: WATIR demonstration by Nick Sieger
    By popular demand, we finally pinned down a WATIR demo. Nick has
    graciously volunteered to take this on.
    7. Conclusion and post-meeting discussion over beers
    If anyone knows a good barley-pop venue in the Digital River area,
    please share it. What good is a geekfest without a tasty beer to
    follow it?

    Directions to Digital River (thanks again to Nick Sieger for hooking us up!=
    ):

    Google Maps:
    http://tinyurl.com/dvlwa

    Details:
    1. There are two DR-owned buildings, one on the north side of 76th and
    one on the south. We're in the south (9625) building. at the
    eastern-most door, by the large "Digital River" sign on the building
    -- this is the main lobby entrance. There will be a MINI (the car
    brand) parked near the door.
    2. When you get inside, you'll need to sign in and receive a "visitor" bad=
    ge.
    3. Proceed to the meeting -- we'll have a few folks from DR to help
    you find the meeting room once in the building.
    4. When finished, you'll need to go back through the lobby, drop off
    your badge, and sign out.

    If you think you will arrive late on the 31st please let me know or
    send email to the group list, available on www.twincitiesrb.com.
    Charles O Nutter, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Charles O Nutter

    pat eyler Guest

    On 1/24/06, Charles O Nutter <> wrote:
    > For all folks out there near the Minneapolis/St Paul area, we're
    > having our second RUG meeting next Tuesday, Jan 31st. Our homepage is
    > at www.twincitiesrb.com. I apologize for the spam to the Ruby-Talk
    > list, but this is just our second meeting and we're trying to get word
    > out. Come join us!

    I don't think posting local group meetings here is a bad thing. Not
    everyone knows about a local group, and ruby-talk is a good place to
    spread the word.

    --
    thanks,
    -pate
    pat eyler, Jan 24, 2006

  3. > On 1/24/06, Charles O Nutter <> wrote:
    >> For all folks out there near the Minneapolis/St Paul area, we're
    >> having our second RUG meeting next Tuesday, Jan 31st. Our homepage is
    >> at www.twincitiesrb.com. I apologize for the spam to the Ruby-Talk
    >> list, but this is just our second meeting and we're trying to get
    >> word
    >> out. Come join us!

    > I don't think posting local group meetings here is a bad thing. Not
    > everyone knows about a local group, and ruby-talk is a good place to
    > spread the word.

    In fact I think it's a great idea. I'm from the Twin Cities and if I
    wasn't in Hawaii at the moment I would definitely try to make it.
    This is the first I've heard of this group so this posting spread the
    word to at least one additional person...

    Matthew
    Matthew Johnson, Jan 25, 2006