Ok folks, we're on for the second TC RUG meeting!

Date: January 31st, Tuesday
Time: 7:30PM
Venue: Digital River, in Eden Prairie, MN (directions below); wireless net
access provided

Agenda:

1. Announcements - please send me any announcements you want to share
with the group, or stand up when the time comes
2. Introductions - we'll go around again with some quick 10-second
intros, to help remind everyone of names and get new folks into the
mix
3. Outstanding RUG questions: group name? status of web site and
related services? status of non-profit work potential? We will
probably try to vote on a group name, so don't complain if you miss
out!
4. Presentation #1: "JRuby: Bringing Ruby to the JVM" by Charles
Nutter and Thomas Enebo
We'll try to make it relevant to both the Ruby and Java worlds, with
lots of cool demos and discussion time to follow. We're the two active
members of the JRuby team, and JRuby is under heavy development ahead
of our JavaOne presentation.
5. Breather/discussion time
6. Presentation #2: WATIR demonstration by Nick Sieger
By popular demand, we finally pinned down a WATIR demo. Nick has
graciously volunteered to take this on.
7. Conclusion and post-meeting discussion over beers
If anyone knows a good barley-pop venue in the Digital River area,
please share it. What good is a geekfest without a tasty beer to
follow it?

Directions to Digital River (thanks again to Nick Sieger for hooking us up!=
):

Google Maps:
http://tinyurl.com/dvlwa

Details:
1. There are two DR-owned buildings, one on the north side of 76th and
one on the south. We're in the south (9625) building. at the
eastern-most door, by the large "Digital River" sign on the building
-- this is the main lobby entrance. There will be a MINI (the car
brand) parked near the door.
2. When you get inside, you'll need to sign in and receive a "visitor" bad=
ge.
3. Proceed to the meeting -- we'll have a few folks from DR to help
you find the meeting room once in the building.
4. When finished, you'll need to go back through the lobby, drop off
your badge, and sign out.

If you think you will arrive late on the 31st please let me know or
send email to the group list, available on www.twincitiesrb.com.

pat eyler

For all folks out there near the Minneapolis/St Paul area, we're
having our second RUG meeting next Tuesday, Jan 31st. Our homepage is
at www.twincitiesrb.com. I apologize for the spam to the Ruby-Talk
list, but this is just our second meeting and we're trying to get word
out. Come join us!

I don't think posting local group meetings here is a bad thing. Not
everyone knows about a local group, and ruby-talk is a good place to
spread the word.

Matthew Johnson

I don't think posting local group meetings here is a bad thing. Not
everyone knows about a local group, and ruby-talk is a good place to
spread the word.

In fact I think it's a great idea. I'm from the Twin Cities and if I
wasn't in Hawaii at the moment I would definitely try to make it.
This is the first I've heard of this group so this posting spread the
word to at least one additional person...

Matthew