[Twisted] how to find out filenames of uploaded files?

Frantisek Fuka

When I upload files using HTML form, i can get the contents of these
files from request.args. But how do I find out the filenames under which
the files were uploaded?

Peter Hansen

Frantisek said:
When I upload files using HTML form, i can get the contents of these
files from request.args. But how do I find out the filenames under which
the files were uploaded?

Is this information even provided by the client? I would have thought
that the client sent only the data and the name of the form field to
which it belongs.

I haven't checked the HTTP/HTML standards though... have you?

-Peter

Frantisek Fuka

Peter said:
Is this information even provided by the client? I would have thought
that the client sent only the data and the name of the form field to
which it belongs.

I haven't checked the HTTP/HTML standards though... have you?

Yes, it's definitely provided by the client. I am using PHP application
which does just this. It's also rather well documented in HTML 4.1
specifications on w3.org (in the FORMs section).

In the meantime, I contacted the person who wrote the Twisted http
module and he told me that it's not working very well in the current
implementation and it should be fixed in March.