twisted problem with reactor.stop()

maxime_phan

hello, everyone
I use twisted 1.3 in my python application.
in my program, I have one server and on client running at same time (so
2 reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=0) )
the client run in one thread and the server in an other thread (
reactor.callInThread(self.client... , reactor.callInThread(self.server
.....)
when I catch "escape" button, I make a reactor.stop() but it doesn't
seem to work and quit, and the application freeze. does anyone have any
solution to quit the application with twisted?
thanks in advance
Maxime

Bjoern Schliessmann

I use twisted 1.3 in my python application.

Isn't 1.3 heavily outdated? The most recent is 2.4.
in my program, I have one server and on client running at same
time (so 2 reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=0) ) the client run
in one thread and the server in an other thread (

- Is it absolutely necessary to use two threads?
- Why do you need two reactors running? I'm not even sure if that's
possible or why I would want to do this.
when I catch "escape" button, I make a reactor.stop() but it
doesn't seem to work and quit, and the application freeze. does
anyone have any solution to quit the application with twisted?

So it seems you only stop one reactor of two. The other one would
have to be stopped, too, I think.

Regards,

Björn