[Twisted-Python] Problem with Echoserver (TCP), Help!

Discussion in 'Python' started by SeSe, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. SeSe

    SeSe Guest

    Hi, I am new to Twisted. I use a Twisted 1.3.0 on MS Windows XP Home
    Edition, my python version is 2.3

    I try the TCP echoserv.py and echoclient.py example. But the client
    always fail with following message:

    Unhandled error in Deferred:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\default.py", line
    134, in
    mainLoop
    self.runUntilCurrent()
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\base.py", line
    423, in ru
    nUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\tcp.py", line
    384, in res
    olveAddress
    d.addCallbacks(self._setRealAddress, self.failIfNotConnected)
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line
    205, in a
    ddCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
    --- <exception caught here> ---
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line
    338, in _
    runCallbacks
    self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\tcp.py", line
    388, in _se
    tRealAddress
    self.doConnect()
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\tcp.py", line
    403, in doConnect
    r, w, e = select.select([], [], [self.fileno()], 0.0)
    select.error: (10022, '')

    What is the matter? Thanks.

    -SeSe
    SeSe, Jan 3, 2005

  2. SeSe

    Kartic Guest

    Hi,

    My experience with Twisted is also limited but let me try to help you.
    I tried the same combo as you and it worked well with the following
    receive: Hello, world!
    receive: What a fine day it is.
    receive: Bye-bye!
    connection lost: Connection was closed cleanly.

    I am sure you started the server before the client.

    Do you have some firewall software installed that prevents the client
    from connecting to the server?

    Thanks
    --Kartic
    Kartic, Jan 3, 2005

  3. SeSe

    SeSe Guest

    Thanks. I have disabled my firewall. But still failed.

    It is a bit strange that echo server UDP works. Only TCP doesn't.

    Regards,
    SeSe

    SeSe, Jan 3, 2005