    I'd like to have some reference so that I could ask questions.

    Thank you for your help.

    Best regards
    ALuPin, Sep 16, 2004

  2. ALuPin

    David Brown Guest

    "ALuPin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi FPGA folks,
    >
    > I am trying to get started with the Twister+Lancelot evaluation board.
    >
    > Has somebody played with that boards?
    > I'd like to have some reference so that I could ask questions.

    I've got a Lancelot connected to my Nios (Cyclone) development kit board.
    It works fine, although I ended up writing my own vga firmware which is a
    lot nicer (IMHO, of course :) than the original demo code that came with
    the board (my code is vaguely based on newer Nios II application notes and
    examples). The hardware is not worth copying either, since the video dac on
    the card is now considered obselete by TI. However, the board does exactly
    what it says on the tin - it is an example card with example code to get you
    started, and worked fine for me in that sense.

    Somebody started a mailing list for the Lancelot, but apart from a few
    initial posts, it's been dead quiet. I can't even remember its address
    offhand, although I'm sure a google groups search would reveal it.
    David Brown, Sep 16, 2004

  3. ALuPin

    Jeroen Guest

    "David Brown" <> schreef in bericht

    > "ALuPin" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi FPGA folks,
    > >
    > > I am trying to get started with the Twister+Lancelot evaluation board.
    > >
    > > Has somebody played with that boards?
    > > I'd like to have some reference so that I could ask questions.
    > >

    > I've got a Lancelot connected to my Nios (Cyclone) development kit board.
    > It works fine, although I ended up writing my own vga firmware which is a
    > lot nicer (IMHO, of course :) than the original demo code that came with
    > the board (my code is vaguely based on newer Nios II application notes and
    > examples). The hardware is not worth copying either, since the video dac

    on
    > the card is now considered obselete by TI. However, the board does

    exactly
    > what it says on the tin - it is an example card with example code to get

    you
    > started, and worked fine for me in that sense.
    >
    > Somebody started a mailing list for the Lancelot, but apart from a few
    > initial posts, it's been dead quiet. I can't even remember its address
    > offhand, although I'm sure a google groups search would reveal it.

    I happen to know the designer of both boards, when he showed me the Lancelot
    I was quite impressed with power of dedicated Nios instructions and hardware
    acceleration for the Mandelbrot demo ;)

    Jeroen
    Jeroen, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Followup to: <cic2p4$gct$>
    By author: "David Brown" <>
    In newsgroup: comp.arch.fpga

    > I've got a Lancelot connected to my Nios (Cyclone) development kit board.
    > It works fine, although I ended up writing my own vga firmware which is a
    > lot nicer (IMHO, of course :) than the original demo code that came with
    > the board (my code is vaguely based on newer Nios II application notes and
    > examples). The hardware is not worth copying either, since the video dac on
    > the card is now considered obselete by TI. However, the board does exactly
    > what it says on the tin - it is an example card with example code to get you
    > started, and worked fine for me in that sense.
    >
    > Somebody started a mailing list for the Lancelot, but apart from a few
    > initial posts, it's been dead quiet. I can't even remember its address
    > offhand, although I'm sure a google groups search would reveal it.

    Please join and liven up the place :)

    -hpa
    H. Peter Anvin, Sep 21, 2004