two action commands within one html form?

Christophe

Greetings from Paris:

Is it possible to have two actions command within the same html form?

I have a form including an action that send the content of the form
within a very nicely formatted e-mails to given adresses.

Now, I would like to have a second action to feed an online database
(csv file)with the data submitted through the form. (I have the script
to do this).

Each action works well exclusively (one without the other) but I
haven't been successful having two action commands in the same form.

Is this possible? If yes, I thank you in advance for any tips.

Best regards from Paris,

Christophe

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Is this possible? If yes, I thank you in advance for any tips.

No.

What you can do, is to collect the data manually (with Javascript) and
build an URL corresponding to what the form would send, and then
send it yourself before the form is submitted.

/L

David Dorward

Christophe said:
Is it possible to have two actions command within the same html form?

No (not in any sensible way anyway). Have the action point to one script
that does two jobs (or does one job then performs an http redirect to
another script to do a different job).

Gordan

Christophe said:
Greetings from Paris:

Is it possible to have two actions command within the same html form?

I'm really not sure about this but there's this:

<form ....... onSubmit="">

I use this to run some javascript form_fields check before performing the
form action
one could perhaps trigger the script from here??

correct me if Im wrong

Gordan :)

Christophe

Thank you.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen said:
No.

What you can do, is to collect the data manually (with Javascript) and
build an URL corresponding to what the form would send, and then
send it yourself before the form is submitted.

/L

Christophe

Gordan:

Thank you for your help.