two domains, one site

Tim W

On 16/11/2013 17:21, William Gill wrote:
[...]
If you have one site with two domain names (both names displaying the
same pages) and you are hosted on GoDaddy, what you want is called an
aliased domain. Look at the GoDaddy help/info for the how to, and stop
looking at all the various methods of redirecting or re-writing. Aliased
Domain is intended for the exact purpose you describe, and will not send
the browser confusing HTTP status codes.

Thanks, yes, that is what I did in the end and it works fine even with
only the spare domain with godaddy pointing to a site and domain on
easily.co.uk .

tw

Jonathan N. Little

Hot-Text said:
http://dyn.com/
Through traffic management

How does Dyn deliver?

Since you do not seem to know what you are talking about I will explain.
Your link to the IP above links to several websites of yours with
different document roots, distinct websites, all served with the same
IP. That is name-based virtual hosting. That is not what the OP was
describing, but rather two domains pointing to the same document root,
i.e, the same content.