    now nothing at all gets sent.

    Which of my many errors do you think might be responsible for this cockup?

    Tim
    Tim, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Tim

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm a real newby. I'm trying to get 2 submission forms onto the same page,
    > one activated by Return, the other by a Send button. A little while ago I
    > found that the contents of the buttoned form were sent by both sending
    > methods. I rearranged the "action" and "div class="commentform" lines, and
    > now nothing at all gets sent.
    >
    > Which of my many errors do you think might be responsible for this cockup?

    I suspect you've probably broken the mark-up. Try running your page through
    http://validator.w3.org/ and fix any errors that that generates and/or try
    posting a url to your page so that we can see what's going on.

    There is no fundamental reason why having two (or more) forms on a page
    shouldn't work. The only thing to remember is that only one form can post
    back.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Scripsit Tim:

    > I'm a real newby.

    Then stop acting like a _clueless_ newbie. You multiposted. Multiposting is
    bad. Don't do multipost. Check my answer in c.i.w.a.h.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Tim

    Mike Minor Guest

    whatever the heck c.i.w.a.h. is.......

    Mike Minor

    Phone: 407-656-4990
    Fax: 407-656-5785

    Mike Minor, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    "Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm a real newby. I'm trying to get 2 submission forms onto the same

    page,
    > > one activated by Return, the other by a Send button. A little while ago

    > > found that the contents of the buttoned form were sent by both sending
    > > methods. I rearranged the "action" and "div class="commentform" lines,

    and
    > > now nothing at all gets sent.
    > >
    > > Which of my many errors do you think might be responsible for this

    cockup?

    > I suspect you've probably broken the mark-up. Try running your page

    through
    > http://validator.w3.org/ and fix any errors that that generates

    I did this. It validated the code. But Jukka has pointed out elsewhere that
    I had a form relevant line outside the </form> limit.

    and/or try
    > posting a url to your page so that we can see what's going on.

    It's being tested on my computer. It hasn't been posted yet.

    > There is no fundamental reason why having two (or more) forms on a page
    > shouldn't work. The only thing to remember is that only one form can post
    > back.

    Sorry. What does this last sentence mean?

    Thanks for your interest and help.

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 27, 2007
  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

    > Scripsit Tim:
    >
    > > I'm a real newby.

    > Then stop acting like a _clueless_ newbie. You multiposted. Multiposting

    is
    > bad.

    I hadn't realized. Apologies.

    Tim, Mar 27, 2007

    Another NG "comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html"

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 28, 2007
  8. Tim

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    <snip>
    >> There is no fundamental reason why having two (or more) forms on a page
    >> shouldn't work. The only thing to remember is that only one form can post
    >> back.

    > Sorry. What does this last sentence mean?

    Simply that you can have more than one form on a page, but only one of them
    can be submitted. So if you had say a search box and a shopping-cart both as
    forms, either the search-box or the shopping-cart form would fire (in
    response to the user), but not both. So the user would end up either
    searching or doing some shopping-cart function (but not both). Clear?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Mar 28, 2007
  9. Tim

    Mike Minor Guest

    Thanks....I hadn't seen that one before....

    Thank you,

    Mike Minor

    Mike Minor, Mar 28, 2007
  10. Tim

    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    > >> There is no fundamental reason why having two (or more) forms on a page
    > >> shouldn't work. The only thing to remember is that only one form can

    post
    > >> back.

    > > Sorry. What does this last sentence mean?

    > Simply that you can have more than one form on a page, but only one of

    them
    > can be submitted. So if you had say a search box and a shopping-cart both

    as
    > forms, either the search-box or the shopping-cart form would fire (in
    > response to the user), but not both. So the user would end up either
    > searching or doing some shopping-cart function (but not both). Clear?

    I think so. You're saying that each form is entirely independent. The
    instruction to send one would leave the other unacted upon. Right?

    Tim, Mar 28, 2007
  11. Tim wrote:
    > "Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> Simply that you can have more than one form on a page, but only one of them
    >> can be submitted. So if you had say a search box and a shopping-cart both
    >> as forms, either the search-box or the shopping-cart form would fire (in
    >> response to the user), but not both. So the user would end up either
    >> searching or doing some shopping-cart function (but not both). Clear?

    > I think so. You're saying that each form is entirely independent. The
    > instruction to send one would leave the other unacted upon. Right?

    Yes

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan