Two forms in one page?

Tim

I'm a real newby. I'm trying to get 2 submission forms onto the same page,
one activated by Return, the other by a Send button. A little while ago I
found that the contents of the buttoned form were sent by both sending
methods. I rearranged the "action" and "div class="commentform" lines, and
now nothing at all gets sent.

Which of my many errors do you think might be responsible for this cockup?

Tim

Brian Cryer

Tim said:
I'm a real newby. I'm trying to get 2 submission forms onto the same page,
one activated by Return, the other by a Send button. A little while ago I
found that the contents of the buttoned form were sent by both sending
methods. I rearranged the "action" and "div class="commentform" lines, and
now nothing at all gets sent.

Which of my many errors do you think might be responsible for this cockup?

I suspect you've probably broken the mark-up. Try running your page through
http://validator.w3.org/ and fix any errors that that generates and/or try
posting a url to your page so that we can see what's going on.

There is no fundamental reason why having two (or more) forms on a page
shouldn't work. The only thing to remember is that only one form can post
back.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Tim:
I'm a real newby.

Then stop acting like a _clueless_ newbie. You multiposted. Multiposting is
bad. Don't do multipost. Check my answer in c.i.w.a.h.

Mike Minor

whatever the heck c.i.w.a.h. is.......

Mike Minor

Phone: 407-656-4990
Fax: 407-656-5785

Tim

Brian Cryer said:
cockup?

I suspect you've probably broken the mark-up. Try running your page through
http://validator.w3.org/ and fix any errors that that generates

I did this. It validated the code. But Jukka has pointed out elsewhere that
I had a form relevant line outside the </form> limit.

and/or try
posting a url to your page so that we can see what's going on.

It's being tested on my computer. It hasn't been posted yet.

There is no fundamental reason why having two (or more) forms on a page
shouldn't work. The only thing to remember is that only one form can post
back.

Sorry. What does this last sentence mean?

Thanks for your interest and help.

Tim

Tim

Jukka K. Korpela said:
Scripsit Tim:

Then stop acting like a _clueless_ newbie. You multiposted. Multiposting is
bad.

I hadn't realized. Apologies.

Tim said:
"Brian Cryer" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Sorry. What does this last sentence mean?

Simply that you can have more than one form on a page, but only one of them
can be submitted. So if you had say a search box and a shopping-cart both as
forms, either the search-box or the shopping-cart form would fire (in
response to the user), but not both. So the user would end up either
searching or doing some shopping-cart function (but not both). Clear?

Tim

Brian Cryer said:
Simply that you can have more than one form on a page, but only one of them
can be submitted. So if you had say a search box and a shopping-cart both as
forms, either the search-box or the shopping-cart form would fire (in
response to the user), but not both. So the user would end up either
searching or doing some shopping-cart function (but not both). Clear?

I think so. You're saying that each form is entirely independent. The
instruction to send one would leave the other unacted upon. Right?

Jonathan N. Little

Tim said:
I think so. You're saying that each form is entirely independent. The
instruction to send one would leave the other unacted upon. Right?

Yes