    in the jsp which processes form2.

    Thanks for the help!!!
    , Oct 29, 2003

  2. Jerry Park Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    > I have two forms(form1 and form2) on my html page.
    > question1 : can i access form 1 variables in form 2?. if so how?
    >
    > question 2: when form2 action is saveci.jsp . can i access form1
    > variables in saveci.jsp. if so how?.
    >
    > basically when form2 is submitted, form1 variables should be accessed
    > in the jsp which processes form2.
    >
    > Thanks for the help!!!

    If you saveci.jsp needs the information in both forms, why not use a
    single form?
    Jerry Park, Oct 29, 2003

  3. writes:

    > I have two forms(form1 and form2) on my html page.
    > question1 : can i access form 1 variables in form 2?. if so how?

    In HTML there are no variables. In Javascript, you can access anything
    on the page from anywhere else. So yes. Example of how:

    <form id="form2"> ... <input name="bar">
    <input type="button" value="copy"
    onclick="this.form.elements['bar'].value =
    document.forms['form1'].elements['foo'].value;">
    </form>

    > question 2: when form2 action is saveci.jsp . can i access form1
    > variables in saveci.jsp. if so how?.

    No. When submitting a form, only the named form controls of that
    form is sent to the server.

    > basically when form2 is submitted, form1 variables should be accessed
    > in the jsp which processes form2.

    Then you need to make it only one form. It is not that bad, you can
    have different submit buttons to make people believe they send separate
    forms:

    <form id="megaform" action="saveci.jsp" method="post">
    <input type="submit" name="submit1" value="Submit Form 1">
    </fieldset>
    <input type="submit" name="submit2" value="Submit Form 2">
    </fieldset>
    </form>

    The name of the submit button that is used to submit the form is then
    passed to the server along with the form data.

    If you need the two forms to go to different pages, I suggest you
    make an interface page that gets all the input, splits it as needed,
    and switch to the real page. I don't know JSP, so I can't help you
    with the details.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -