two java apps crashing when run together ..

droodle

hi i have two java apps which kill each other on win2000 svr

apps are bmc and aprisma

when one is running on its own no problem but when i start the other it
kills the initial java app and vice versa.

This happens on 3 other pcs which use the same applications so its not
down to the machine or OS i believe.

Any ideas on where to look to resolve this ?

Thanks.

Chris Uppal

droodle said:
when one is running on its own no problem but when i start the other it
kills the initial java app and vice versa.

How do they die, what do they die of ? Do they die the same way ? What
similarities (besides being written in Java) do they share ?

-- chris

droodle

Chris said:
How do they die, what do they die of ? Do they die the same way ? What
similarities (besides being written in Java) do they share ?

-- chris

The applications just close - yes they die the same way - no error
messages are seen.
I suppose they die of both trying to use the same java app - but not
sure.
Similarities are they both use a browser and conect to the same local
webserver
ie //localhost/app1
//localhost/app2

thanks.

Chris Uppal

droodle wrote:

[me:]
The applications just close - yes they die the same way - no error
messages are seen.

Hmm... that (and the stuff I've snipped) doesn't give me any clever ideas.

What happens if you run one app under a debugger and then start the other one ?
If that doesn't reveal anything then you'll probably have to get into
heavy-duty logging/tracing to track down the problem.

Other things to think about. Does your machine have enough memory to run both
at the same time ? Is there some implicit communication between the two ?
E.g. both try to listen on the same socket, or both try to communicate with the
same server (if that is the problem then it may be a bug in the server rather
than the applications).

One thing that might be worth trying is to see what happens if you run both at
the same time but on different machines (but connecting to the same webserver).

Sorry I can't be more help.

-- chris