two new JDKs

Roedy Green

Java JDK 1.6, 1.6.0_30, Java JDK 1.7, 1.7.0_02,

are now out.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Roedy Green

I agreed. Thanks for sharing!

You might wonder why it is always me who posts new JDK versions. I
use a utility called Vercheck that checks for new versions of about 80
apps every day. The results are posted at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/utilities.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
For me, the appeal of computer programming is that
even though I am quite a klutz,
I can still produce something, in a sense
perfect, because the computer gives me as many
chances as I please to get it right.

Roedy Green

Java JDK 1.6, 1.6.0_30, Java JDK 1.7, 1.7.0_02,

are now out.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html and
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jre.html
for notes on downloading and installing. It is pretty
straightforward. The notes are mainly for newbies.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
For me, the appeal of computer programming is that
even though I am quite a klutz,
I can still produce something, in a sense
perfect, because the computer gives me as many
chances as I please to get it right.

markspace

Nice feature of JDK 1.7:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ForkJoinPool.html

Reminds me of Intel Thread Building Blocks for C++. Any comparison around?

Fork-Join is a well known multithreading pattern. I'm not sure what a
Thread Building Block is.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork-join_queue>

That Wikipedia article refers a bit more to the mathematical parts of
Fork-Join, but the list of references at the end of the article are
useful for additional concrete information.