    How does one access M$ACCESS thru DBI?.....
    How does one print a report to the printer? RUPORT maybe?? but i don't
    see any examples?

    Dave Rose, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Dave Rose

    Jan Svitok Guest

    On 8/15/06, Dave Rose <> wrote:
    > practical ruby here @ work means access to M$ACCESS97 and Hardcopy
    > reports with column headings etc...so.....
    > i've search with this forum with the Keyword: ACCESS and have searched
    > all of my Ruby PDF's
    > How does one access M$ACCESS thru DBI?.....
    > How does one print a report to the printer? RUPORT maybe?? but i don't
    > see any examples?

    1. from the page seems DBD::ADO or DBD::ODBC are appropriate. Try to
    download and read the docs that are supposed to be there, even reading
    sources is quite useful ;-) I've found that ruby sources tend to be
    quite readable (except for code-golfing ;-)

    2. try: http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/

    Disclaimer: I haven't tried anything from above ;-)

    J.

    Jan Svitok, Aug 15, 2006