    other action and other hidden fields

    I hope you guys understand me what I mean

    Many Thanks

    steve, Oct 15, 2004

  2. steve

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html steve said:

    > Hi all

    g'day

    >[two or more form action]
    > How do I achieve that?

    very simple. you server side script performs whatever it needs to based
    on what was done on the form.

    > I have that form and I need base on which radio button the visitors
    > click to chose a different form action.

    you only need one form action. visitor selects a radio button and
    presses submit then on the server the script goes:

    if radio button one then do this.
    if radio button two then do this.

    etc etc

    > And also if radio button 2 is selected then the form to use some
    > hidden field or if radio button 3 is selected then the form to chose
    > other action and other hidden fields

    just part of the server side script.

    if radio button one do this and use hidden field one.
    if radio button two do this and use hidden field two.
    if radio button three do this and use hidden field one, two and three.

    etc etc etc. just basic scripting.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 15, 2004

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    > In alt.html steve said:
    >
    >> Hi all

    > g'day
    >
    >>[two or more form action]
    >> How do I achieve that?

    > very simple. you server side script performs whatever it needs to
    > based
    > on what was done on the form.
    >
    >> I have that form and I need base on which radio button the visitors
    >> click to chose a different form action.

    > you only need one form action. visitor selects a radio button and
    > presses submit then on the server the script goes:
    >
    > if radio button one then do this.
    > if radio button two then do this.
    >
    > etc etc
    >
    >> And also if radio button 2 is selected then the form to use some
    >> hidden field or if radio button 3 is selected then the form to
    >> chose
    >> other action and other hidden fields

    > just part of the server side script.
    >
    > if radio button one do this and use hidden field one.
    > if radio button two do this and use hidden field two.
    > if radio button three do this and use hidden field one, two and
    > three.
    >
    > etc etc etc. just basic scripting.

    "Sorry I accidentally reply to brucie instead to the forum"

    Can you please give me some sample script or direct me to the right
    place.

    Thanks

    steve, Oct 15, 2004
  4. steve

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html steve said:

    >> if radio button one do this and use hidden field one.
    >> if radio button two do this and use hidden field two.
    >> if radio button three do this and use hidden field one, two and
    >> three.
    >>
    >> etc etc etc. just basic scripting.

    > "Sorry I accidentally reply to brucie instead to the forum"

    hasn't arrived yet

    > Can you please give me some sample script or direct me to the right
    > place.

    well its not that easy. first is to find out what languages your server
    supports and then learn one that will do what you want.

    or you can go to a place like http://www.hotscripts.com/ and find a
    script that does what you want in the language you want. follow the
    instructions on how to use it.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 15, 2004
  5. steve

    steve Guest

    >>> etc etc etc. just basic scripting.

    see what you write above :)

    >> Can you please give me some sample script or direct me to the right
    >> place.

    > well its not that easy. first is to find out what languages your
    > server
    > supports and then learn one that will do what you want.

    support: asp, php, perl, JavaScript
    you already know it

    > or you can go to a place like http://www.hotscripts.com/ and find a
    > script that does what you want in the language you want. follow the
    > instructions on how to use it.

    Thanks I will try to find some.

    steve, Oct 15, 2004