Two processes sending data on same output

Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello!

I have a problem in VHDL coding. I want two processes to send data on an output line but not simulataneously. First one process will send data on that line and when a certain condition is met, then the other process will send data. But this is giving error message. I dont know how can I do this. I would be thankful if anyone can help me.

Thankyou

Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
You need a MUX outside of the process statements.

Mux_Out <= A when condition = '1' else B;

Where Mux_Out is your final output and A & B are you two selections. 'condition' is the detemining factor in choosing which one to use at which time.

Scott