Two questions about Ant

Sathyaish

I am a Java (and Ant) newbie, so be gentle.

1. The Ant documentation says, "All the main Java IDEs ship with Ant,
products such as Eclipse, NetBeans and IntelliJ IDEA. If you install
Ant this way you usually get the most recent release of Ant at the
time the IDE was released."

If I have already got an installation of IntelliJ IDEA, do I still
need to setup Ant separately?

2. Even if the answer to question 1 above is a no, even then, only for
the sake of curiosity, if I had to install Ant separately, which
directory out of the two should I point to ANT_HOME:

a) the Ant root directory that includes lib, bin, etc, docs etc.; or
b) the Ant bin directory?

Daniel Dyer

I am a Java (and Ant) newbie, so be gentle.

1. The Ant documentation says, "All the main Java IDEs ship with Ant,
products such as Eclipse, NetBeans and IntelliJ IDEA. If you install
Ant this way you usually get the most recent release of Ant at the
time the IDE was released."

If I have already got an installation of IntelliJ IDEA, do I still
need to setup Ant separately?
No.

2. Even if the answer to question 1 above is a no, even then, only for
the sake of curiosity, if I had to install Ant separately, which
directory out of the two should I point to ANT_HOME:

a) the Ant root directory that includes lib, bin, etc, docs etc.; or
b) the Ant bin directory?

a.

Dan.