Two questions on PyDev for Eclipse

Kenneth McDonald

The first is general; what are users' experience with PyDev for
Eclipse. It looks pretty good to me right now, but I've only started
playing with it. Converting to Eclipse is a major effort, and if
there are problems which would prevent pydev from being useful right
now, I'd certainly appreciate knowing about them.

The second question is specific; is it possible to use Eclipse to
edit a remote file, i.e. through SFTP or something equivalent? My
current (limited) understanding of Eclipse is that it maintains an on-
disk directory of files in a project. Unfortunately, for what I'm
doing, a fair number of the files (mostly Python files) I'm editing
are on a remote server, so whatever editor I use, the ability to edit
remote files would be a big help.

Thanks,
Ken