Two rendered rows for each record in DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hrvoje Vrbanc, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Hello all!

    I have quite an strange question: I'm using DataGrid to display the results
    of a query stored in a DataSet. I use data binding with DataBinder.Eval
    statement (like e.g. <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ColumnName")
    %>).
    Now the tricky part: is it possible to render one more table row for each
    record that would be span over several columns and contain some further
    databound informations? What I want to say is that I don't want all columns
    from DataSet to be displayed one beside another but instead, to save the
    horizontal space, I want to put the values from on colum below the others.

    Example how should it look like:

    1. PartNumber1 ProductName1 Price1
    ProductDescription1
    2. PartNumber2 ProductName2 Price2
    ProductDescription2

    Many thanks,
    Hrvoje
    Hrvoje Vrbanc, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Don't use a datagrid, use a Data List, this displays the records in your
    database how ever you like, getting the result you want would be easy.

    Lemme know if you want help using it.

    Dan.

    \(Liquid\) Daniel Bass, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Thank you, I'll rewrite the application but I was hoping DataGrid could be
    customized in such a way because I use paging and sorting in that DataGrid.
    I was thinking about the programmatically (dynamically) created table that
    offers great flexibility in formatting but again paging and sorting looked
    troublesome.

    Hrvoje

    "(Liquid) Daniel Bass" <> wrote in
    message news:%...