Two rendered rows for each record in DataGrid

Hrvoje Vrbanc

Hello all!

I have quite an strange question: I'm using DataGrid to display the results
of a query stored in a DataSet. I use data binding with DataBinder.Eval
statement (like e.g. <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ColumnName")
%>).
Now the tricky part: is it possible to render one more table row for each
record that would be span over several columns and contain some further
databound informations? What I want to say is that I don't want all columns
from DataSet to be displayed one beside another but instead, to save the
horizontal space, I want to put the values from on colum below the others.

Example how should it look like:

1. PartNumber1 ProductName1 Price1
ProductDescription1
2. PartNumber2 ProductName2 Price2
ProductDescription2

Many thanks,
Hrvoje

\(Liquid\) Daniel Bass

Don't use a datagrid, use a Data List, this displays the records in your
database how ever you like, getting the result you want would be easy.

Lemme know if you want help using it.

Dan.

Hrvoje Vrbanc

Thank you, I'll rewrite the application but I was hoping DataGrid could be
customized in such a way because I use paging and sorting in that DataGrid.
I was thinking about the programmatically (dynamically) created table that
offers great flexibility in formatting but again paging and sorting looked
troublesome.

Hrvoje