Two simple questions?

NEWS

Is there a way to know the size of the client Screen IE 17 " or 21"?

Is there a way to know what the resolution of the client screen is?

Els

NEWS said:
Is there a way to know the size of the client Screen IE 17 " or 21"?

Is there a way to know what the resolution of the client screen is?

Resolution: I think it's possible with JavaScript, but obviously only
when it's enabled on the client's computer.
Actual monitor size: you could ask them.

Guessing you want to know for the most obvious reasons, I'll tell you
that the client doesn't only have a monitor screen size and a
resolution, but also a window size, a font-size preference, and
possibly prescription glasses.

NEWS

Els said:
Resolution: I think it's possible with JavaScript, but obviously only
when it's enabled on the client's computer.
Actual monitor size: you could ask them.

Guessing you want to know for the most obvious reasons, I'll tell you
that the client doesn't only have a monitor screen size and a
resolution, but also a window size, a font-size preference, and
possibly prescription glasses.
"

Thanks for this reply

Two more questions

Is there a standard to build a site for relating to monitor and resolution?

Is there a place I could go to learn about standards?