    NEWS Guest

    Is there a way to know the size of the client Screen IE 17 " or 21"?

    Is there a way to know what the resolution of the client screen is?
    NEWS, Dec 19, 2005

  2. NEWS

    Els Guest

    NEWS wrote:

    > Is there a way to know the size of the client Screen IE 17 " or 21"?
    >
    > Is there a way to know what the resolution of the client screen is?

    Resolution: I think it's possible with JavaScript, but obviously only
    when it's enabled on the client's computer.
    Actual monitor size: you could ask them.

    Guessing you want to know for the most obvious reasons, I'll tell you
    that the client doesn't only have a monitor screen size and a
    resolution, but also a window size, a font-size preference, and
    possibly prescription glasses.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Dec 19, 2005

  3. NEWS

    NEWS Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > NEWS wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to know the size of the client Screen IE 17 " or 21"?
    >>
    >> Is there a way to know what the resolution of the client screen is?

    > Resolution: I think it's possible with JavaScript, but obviously only
    > when it's enabled on the client's computer.
    > Actual monitor size: you could ask them.
    >
    > Guessing you want to know for the most obvious reasons, I'll tell you
    > that the client doesn't only have a monitor screen size and a
    > resolution, but also a window size, a font-size preference, and
    > possibly prescription glasses.
    >
    > --
    > Els http://locusmeus.com/

    "

    Thanks for this reply

    Two more questions

    Is there a standard to build a site for relating to monitor and resolution?

    Is there a place I could go to learn about standards?
    NEWS, Dec 19, 2005
  4. David Dorward, Dec 19, 2005
  5. NEWS

    NEWS Guest

    NEWS, Dec 19, 2005
  6. NEWS

    Jan Faerber Guest

    NEWS ... output:

    > "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    >> NEWS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a standard to build a site for relating to monitor and
    >>> resolution?

    >> http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
    >>
    >>> Is there a place I could go to learn about standards?

    >> http://w3.org/ (The main ones being http://w3.org/TR/html4/ and
    >> http://w3.org/TR/CSS2/ )
    >>
    >> --
    >> David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>
    >> <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    > Thanks I read the AnySizeDesign URL and will read the other two

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/msg/83a2472872648eab?dmode=source&hl=en

    nothing new...

    --
    Jan

    http://www.h-tut.at
    Jan Faerber, Dec 19, 2005
  7. NEWS

    Stan McCann Guest

    "NEWS" <> wrote in

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> NEWS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to know the size of the client Screen IE 17 " or
    >>> 21"?
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to know what the resolution of the client screen
    >>> is?

    >> Resolution: I think it's possible with JavaScript, but obviously
    >> only when it's enabled on the client's computer.
    >> Actual monitor size: you could ask them.
    >>
    >> Guessing you want to know for the most obvious reasons, I'll tell
    >> you that the client doesn't only have a monitor screen size and a
    >> resolution, but also a window size, a font-size preference, and
    >> possibly prescription glasses.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Els http://locusmeus.com/

    > "
    >
    > Thanks for this reply
    >
    > Two more questions
    >
    > Is there a standard to build a site for relating to monitor and
    > resolution?

    Fluid (liquid) design. Googling these terms will get you lots of
    information about good design methods.

    > Is there a place I could go to learn about standards?

    http://www.w3.org/

    http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Stan McCann, Dec 19, 2005