Type 'ADODB.Connection' is not defined.

Joe Befumo

I'm getting the following error in my application:

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'ADODB.Connection' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 112: if(Request.Form("HdnQuestionCount") = 0) thenLine 113:Line 114:
Dim objDataConn as ADODB.ConnectionLine 115: Dim objRSList as
ADODB.RecordSetLine 116: dim iRecordCount as integer

I've tried running gacutil.exe /I adodb, but get the following error:

Failure adding assembly to the cache: The system cannot find the file
specified.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe

Guest

Joe,
"ADODB.Connection" is classic ADO which you would normally use only with
classic ASP and VBScript. Is there any particular reason why you need to do
this instead of using the ADO.NET managed providers?

Is this some sort of a converted project from Classic ASP?

Peter

Joe Befumo

Yeah, it was. I ultimately got it working, then learned about the better way
of doing things in Dot.Net, so I converted, successfully. Thanks.

Joe