    * to guint64.

    Thanks
    sonu
    sonu, May 17, 2006

  2. sonu

    Vladimir Oka Guest

    sonu wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > is there any function which prototype is bellow,
    >
    > guint64 function(const wchar_t *) { ...............................}
    >
    > if there is no library function then how can i convert a const wchar_t
    > * to guint64.

    I don't think `guint64` is a standard type.

    Therefore, there can't be any standard function returning it. You may
    want to ask in a group where `guint64` is topical, i.e. one that
    discusses your implementation/OS/architecture.
    Vladimir Oka, May 17, 2006

  3. sonu

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Vladimir Oka wrote:
    > sonu wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >> is there any function which prototype is bellow,
    >>
    >> guint64 function(const wchar_t *) { ...............................}
    >>
    >> if there is no library function then how can i convert a const wchar_t
    >> * to guint64.

    > I don't think `guint64` is a standard type.
    >
    > Therefore, there can't be any standard function returning it. You may
    > want to ask in a group where `guint64` is topical, i.e. one that
    > discusses your implementation/OS/architecture.

    guint64 is a handle to the GUI of a 64 bit NT system, so possibly a
    Windows group would be appropriate...
    Flash Gordon, May 17, 2006
  4. sonu

    CBFalconer Guest

    Flash Gordon wrote:
    > Vladimir Oka wrote:
    >> sonu wrote:
    >>
    >>> is there any function which prototype is bellow,
    >>>
    >>> guint64 function(const wchar_t *) { ........................}
    >>>
    >>> if there is no library function then how can i convert a const
    >>> wchar_t * to guint64.

    >> I don't think `guint64` is a standard type.
    >>
    >> Therefore, there can't be any standard function returning it.
    >> You may want to ask in a group where `guint64` is topical, i.e.
    >> one that discusses your implementation/OS/architecture.

    > guint64 is a handle to the GUI of a 64 bit NT system, so
    > possibly a Windows group would be appropriate...

    But a quint64 is obviously a Dionne listening to a Beatle. :)

    CBFalconer, May 17, 2006
  5. CBFalconer wrote:

    > Flash Gordon wrote:
    > > Vladimir Oka wrote:

    > >> I don't think `guint64` is a standard type.
    > >>
    > >> Therefore, there can't be any standard function returning it.
    > >> You may want to ask in a group where `guint64` is topical, i.e.
    > >> one that discusses your implementation/OS/architecture.

    > > guint64 is a handle to the GUI of a 64 bit NT system, so
    > > possibly a Windows group would be appropriate...

    > But a quint64 is obviously a Dionne listening to a Beatle. :)

    This really dates you, Mr. Falconer. Is there a standard C function
    to calculate the percentage of this group's readership that understood
    that one???

    Charles Richmond, May 18, 2006
  6. sonu

    CBFalconer Guest

    Charles Richmond wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> Flash Gordon wrote:

    >>> guint64 is a handle to the GUI of a 64 bit NT system, so
    >>> possibly a Windows group would be appropriate...

    >> But a quint64 is obviously a Dionne listening to a Beatle. :)

    > This really dates you, Mr. Falconer. Is there a standard C
    > function to calculate the percentage of this group's readership
    > that understood that one???

    That's not what dates me, it is the apparently inexorable operation
    of the laws of thermodynamics. :) Solutions welcome.

    -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
    -- Thomas Matthews
    CBFalconer, May 18, 2006