type casting

sonu

Hi All,
is there any function which prototype is bellow,

guint64 function(const wchar_t *) { ...............................}

if there is no library function then how can i convert a const wchar_t
* to guint64.

Thanks
sonu

Vladimir Oka

sonu said:
Hi All,
is there any function which prototype is bellow,

guint64 function(const wchar_t *) { ...............................}

if there is no library function then how can i convert a const wchar_t
* to guint64.

I don't think `guint64` is a standard type.

Therefore, there can't be any standard function returning it. You may
want to ask in a group where `guint64` is topical, i.e. one that
discusses your implementation/OS/architecture.

Flash Gordon

Vladimir said:
I don't think `guint64` is a standard type.

Therefore, there can't be any standard function returning it. You may
want to ask in a group where `guint64` is topical, i.e. one that
discusses your implementation/OS/architecture.

guint64 is a handle to the GUI of a 64 bit NT system, so possibly a
Windows group would be appropriate...

CBFalconer

Flash said:
guint64 is a handle to the GUI of a 64 bit NT system, so
possibly a Windows group would be appropriate...

But a quint64 is obviously a Dionne listening to a Beatle. :)

Charles Richmond

CBFalconer said:
But a quint64 is obviously a Dionne listening to a Beatle. :)
This really dates you, Mr. Falconer. Is there a standard C function
to calculate the percentage of this group's readership that understood
that one???

CBFalconer

Charles said:
This really dates you, Mr. Falconer. Is there a standard C
function to calculate the percentage of this group's readership
that understood that one???

That's not what dates me, it is the apparently inexorable operation
of the laws of thermodynamics. :) Solutions welcome.