Type description for serialized types used in PageMethods ?

Patrice

Hi all,

I'm using a method that saves a WebServer.Data instance using an AJAX page
method. Data are collected client side and an instance of the WebServer.Data
proxy client type is created client side and then sent using the page
method.

If the type of one of the client side properties is wrong (for example using
a string rather than an integer), the AJAX client side infrastructure will
catch this before the actual web service call. Does somebody knows how it is
done ? Where is this information ?

My goal would be to be able to know client side which actual type should be
used for any property of the WebServer.Data client proxy type. Is there
something similar to reflection i could use client side ?

TIA

john gorter

Patrice,

You can set a breakpoint in your javascript code and step throug the
generated javascript for the proxy. Maybe that explains a lot :)

Greets,
John