    don't. I suspect that this is because there isn't a type library for
    it. Is there an easy way to create one or do I have to code one up in
    IDLE by hand?
    Paul Keating, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Paul Keating

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Paul Keating wrote:

    > I have written a Python COM server, which works fine, but VB/C# users
    > expect to see the server in a drop-down list of objects, and they
    > don't. I suspect that this is because there isn't a type library for
    > it. Is there an easy way to create one or do I have to code one up in
    > IDLE by hand?

    The manual approach is still the easiest way to create one,
    although there is work ongoing in the ctypes community to
    improve that situation. Subscribe to the ctypes mailing list
    if you are interested. (I might even be out of date already on the
    first comment, if you're lucky.)

    In the meantime, I recommend writing them by hand in IDL (it's pretty
    trivial to copy an existing one and edit) and compiling them
    with the MIDL compiler (MIDL.EXE) that is available in the SDK
    that you can download for free. I don't have a URL handy, Google
    can probably help.

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Sep 7, 2004