type or namespace could not be found

Andy Sutorius

Hi,

I have a placed a user control I created in two seperate places within my
webpage. When I go to build the solution I am told that the user controls
are causing an error, "the type or namespace name 'ddlBillingCountry' could
not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Why am I getting this error?

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Sutorius

That's what I did. I forgot to mention that I reference the id of the user
control in the code behind. That's where it is actually failing. It compiles
fine if I just drag it on the page. But as soon as I reference the control,
i.e. ddlBillingCountry.SeletedItem.Text, it fails to compile.