[italics:] type-specifier
void
.
[italics:] typedef-name

At most one of the ....

[end quote]
One would think that when I cast with a (short) instead of a (short*) today
that I would have had my fill of embarrassment. True enough, but since I'm
going to play poker now, the ignorance that underlies this question will be
absorbed on tomorrow's ration. Is it intentional that all those terms lie
under 'specifier' as opposed to 'type'? Don't think I'm being hard on
myself for the miscast; it wasn't the main point of the thread of which I
was the OP, but within horseshoe distance thereof. My guess is that (long *)
is a type as well as (long followed by 7 asterisks): distinct from all
others. joe

CBFalconer

Joe said:
OP's post likely made less sense than usual.
Better treatment here:
news:[email protected]

This is supposed to make sense?

Robert Gamble

CBFalconer said:
This is supposed to make sense?

I doubt it. The recent posts by this Joe Smith have a style that is
reminiscent of those by "Merrill & Michele" and I have given up trying
to decipher them.

Robert Gamble

Joe Smith

Yes. Apparently it doesn't.
I doubt it. The recent posts by this Joe Smith have a style that is
reminiscent of those by "Merrill & Michele" and I have given up trying
to decipher them.
I wasn't aware that I was ciphering. joe