Typed Dataset has extra columns? Please Help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bboyd, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. bboyd

    bboyd Guest

    :?:
    I have a stored procedure that returns 2 tables. One table with 8
    columns and one table with 2 columns. I have set up a typed dataset
    that is similar to the data returned. However, in my typed dataset, I
    only want the first 6 columns of the first table. I created a data
    class that maps only the six desired columns in my data adapter. When
    I fill my typed dataset with only six coulmns using the data adpater
    that only maps six coulmns, I am still getting the the two extra
    columns the stored procedure is returning to me (8 columns). Why is
    this happening?

    http://www.usenet.com

    bboyd, Jun 28, 2004