Typed dataset problem - VS2005 web proxy ref

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by ev, Feb 8, 2006.

  1. ev

    ev Guest

    Hi,

    I have a question regarding using typed dataset between our application
    tiers – web and application servers.
    We have a business objects project which holds all our typed dataset objects.
    The typed datasets are supposed to be our data protocol between the web and
    the app.
    In visual studio 2005 we have a problem with the proxy – when we add web
    reference to a service that uses the typed dataset (from the business object
    project), we can’t relate to it in the client web application. The proxy
    knows only it own self generated typed dataset object.
    In VS 2003 I used to remove the proxy code that was related to the typed
    dataset and add using statement for the business object assembly.
    As I understand, due to the new compilation model this is not possible
    anymore (I really can’t do it the same way).
    I tried to find some assistance within Microsoft and other but there’s no
    appropriate answer.
    Do you know what should we do in this scenario?
    I’m sure that transporting typed dataset between client and service
    application is possible.

    Thanks

    ev, Feb 8, 2006