Typed letter bringing up item in Choice: how to implement?

Mickey Segal

I have a Choice component with various items (alphabetized country names) and
users want to be able to type one or more letter to help get to the right item.
I have a vague recollection of this working natively in the past, but nothing
happens now. Does one need to enable some listeners to have this occur
automatically, or does one need to code the whole thing after enabling
appropriate listeners?