typedef forward declare

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Binary, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. Binary

    Binary Guest

    Hi,

    With keyword struct, we can simply do forward declare by:

    struct struct_a;

    but if we typedef it:

    typdef struct struct_a struct_a_t;

    When we need to use struct_a_t but the cross include occurs, how to
    tell compiler that struct_a_t is a type? seems like:

    type struct_a_t;

    Thanks.
    ABAI
    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: -- you must
    or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.

    Binary, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Binary

    krishna Guest

    Hi Binary(nice one ;) ),

    Usually u wud declare the typedef part in a header
    file,and include that header file in all the filese.When each file is
    compiled,the header info gets included at preprocessing stage and hence
    ur typedefnition.Thats how the complier would get to know about the
    typedef as datatype.

    cheers,
    Kaushal.

    krishna, Dec 15, 2006

  3. krishna wrote:
    > Hi Binary(nice one ;) ),
    >
    > Usually u wud

    This is where I usually stop reading.
    I can live with the occasional speling eror, I can live with the obvious
    language Defizit, but kiddie talk in a technical newsgroup is unbearable.
    I hope you never need to ask a question I could answer.
    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

    Josef Moellers, Dec 30, 2006
  4. Binary

    Eric Guest

    krishna wrote:

    > Hi Binary(nice one ;) ),
    >
    > Usually u wud declare the typedef part in a header
    > file,and include that header file in all the filese.When each file is
    > compiled,the header info gets included at preprocessing stage and hence
    > ur typedefnition.Thats how the complier would get to know about the
    > typedef as datatype.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Kaushal.
    >
    > Binary wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> With keyword struct, we can simply do forward declare by:
    >>
    >> struct struct_a;
    >>
    >> but if we typedef it:
    >>
    >> typdef struct struct_a struct_a_t;
    >>
    >> When we need to use struct_a_t but the cross include occurs, how to
    >> tell compiler that struct_a_t is a type? seems like:
    >>
    >> type struct_a_t;
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> ABAI
    >> --
    >> comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: -- you must
    >> have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be
    >> seen,
    >> or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.

    Could I ask you to PLEASE refrain from text messaging on usenet? - its
    infuriating to try and read.
    Thanks,
    Eric

    Eric, Dec 30, 2006
  5. In message <>, Eric <>
    writes
    >Could I ask you to PLEASE refrain from text messaging on usenet? - its
    >infuriating to try and read.

    And in particular it fails to appreciate the difficulties that the many
    people who are not native English speakers have with it. Many of those
    people are already struggling with reading and writing in a language
    that is very different from their mother tongue and we should avoid
    doing anything that makes it harder for them.

    --
    Francis Glassborow ACCU
    Author of 'You Can Do It!'& 'You Can Program in C++'

    Francis Glassborow, Dec 30, 2006
  6. On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:26:56 +0000,
    Francis Glassborow <> wrote:
    >In message <>, Eric <>
    >writes
    >> Could I ask you to PLEASE refrain from text messaging on usenet? -
    >> its infuriating to try and read.

    > And in particular it fails to appreciate the difficulties that the
    > many people who are not native English speakers have with it. Many of
    > those people are already struggling with reading and writing in a
    > language that is very different from their mother tongue and we should
    > avoid doing anything that makes it harder for them.

    Precisely!

    You have my thanks, because I am one of the non-native English speakers
    and writers who like lurking (and occasionally posting too) in clc :)

    Giorgos Keramidas, Jan 1, 2007
  7. Binary

    CBFalconer Guest

    Josef Moellers wrote:
    > krishna wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Binary(nice one ;) ),
    >>
    >> Usually u wud

    > This is where I usually stop reading.
    > I can live with the occasional speling eror, I can live with
    > the obvious language Defizit, but kiddie talk in a technical
    > newsgroup is unbearable. I hope you never need to ask a
    > question I could answer.

    Many stop even earlier, when they see the rude top-posting.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee.
    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Jan 4, 2007
  8. Binary

    krishna Guest

    Hi,
    Eric,Francis Glassborow,Giorgos Keramidas thank you for your
    constructive criticism and pointing them out in lucid and soft
    manner.Ill take care not to produce such difficulties for non english
    speakers again.
    Josef Moellers and CBFalconer ,thank you for not reading my post.I
    found your criticisms 'quite' rude.One would appreciate if you both
    would have adopted the manner the above members have guided.
    With all due respects, and the spirit of C,
    -Kaushal.

    krishna, Jan 10, 2007
  9. Binary

    CBFalconer Guest

    krishna wrote:

    > Eric,Francis Glassborow,Giorgos Keramidas thank you for your
    > constructive criticism and pointing them out in lucid and soft
    > manner.Ill take care not to produce such difficulties for non
    > english speakers again.
    > Josef Moellers and CBFalconer ,thank you for not reading my
    > post.I found your criticisms 'quite' rude.One would appreciate if
    > you both would have adopted the manner the above members have
    > guided. With all due respects, and the spirit of C,

    Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    CBFalconer, Jan 20, 2007
  10. CBFalconer wrote:
    > krishna wrote:
    >> Eric,Francis Glassborow,Giorgos Keramidas thank you for your
    >> constructive criticism and pointing them out in lucid and soft
    >> manner.Ill take care not to produce such difficulties for non
    >> english speakers again.
    >> Josef Moellers and CBFalconer ,thank you for not reading my
    >> post.I found your criticisms 'quite' rude.One would appreciate if
    >> you both would have adopted the manner the above members have
    >> guided. With all due respects, and the spirit of C,

    > Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    > top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    > not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    > which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    Calling a man fool because he cross-posts is not exactly good
    manners for sure. And calling a man fool because of top-posting
    is way more foolish than top-posting itself. Do you know that
    many people top-post in real email communication, just because
    they do so and it's perfectly acceptable in their communities?
    Some people even find it hard to read proper quote-and-reply
    stuff.

    Yes, top-posting is bad here. No, calling people fools for top-posting
    is no freaking good, even if silently acceptable. Some may say you're
    keeping this newsgroup clean, whatever, some people say shooting people
    is a good way to teach them good manners too.

    Yevgen

    Yevgen Muntyan, Jan 21, 2007
  11. Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> krishna wrote:
    >>> Eric,Francis Glassborow,Giorgos Keramidas thank you for your
    >>> constructive criticism and pointing them out in lucid and soft
    >>> manner.Ill take care not to produce such difficulties for non
    >>> english speakers again.
    >>> Josef Moellers and CBFalconer ,thank you for not reading my
    >>> post.I found your criticisms 'quite' rude.One would appreciate if
    >>> you both would have adopted the manner the above members have
    >>> guided. With all due respects, and the spirit of C,

    >> Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    >> top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    >> not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    >> which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    > Calling a man fool because he cross-posts is not exactly good
    > manners for sure.

    Reading "excessive cross-posting" as "cross-posting" is foolish.
    If you read the word "excessive" and then dropped it in your reply, then
    you are dishonest rather than foolish.
    Reading "uneducable"[1] as "a fool" is foolish. If you purposely
    changed this in your reply, then your are dishonest.
    Reading "indication of foolishness" as "a fool" is foolish. You will
    probably inflict the same treatment on my use of "foolish". If you do
    so, then you _are_ a fool.

    [1] "Uneducable" is clear and derived on usual patterns of English
    word-formation, but I prefer the more standard "ineducable."

    > And calling a man fool because of top-posting
    > is way more foolish than top-posting itself.

    The point as that "krishna" persists in top-posting after being told
    that that is not the norm for posting in this newsgroup. It is not
    top-posting that shows that "krishna" is ineducable: it is his refusal
    to be educated.

    > Do you know that
    > many people top-post in real email communication,

    Newsgroups are not e-mail communication. The form of discussion is
    completely different. To ignore the difference in context is foolish.

    > just because
    > they do so and it's perfectly acceptable in their communities?
    > Some people even find it hard to read proper quote-and-reply
    > stuff.

    Then they are in serious need of remedial education.

    Martin Ambuhl, Jan 21, 2007
  12. Binary

    Ian Collins Guest

    Yevgen Muntyan wrote:

    > Do you know that
    > many people top-post in real email communication, just because
    > they do so and it's perfectly acceptable in their communities?
    > Some people even find it hard to read proper quote-and-reply
    > stuff.

    That's because they have been afflicted with outlook and don't know any
    better.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jan 21, 2007
  13. Martin Ambuhl wrote:
    > Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    >>> top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    >>> not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    >>> which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    >> Calling a man fool because he cross-posts is not exactly good
    >> manners for sure.

    > Reading "excessive cross-posting" as "cross-posting" is foolish.
    > If you read the word "excessive" and then dropped it in your reply, then
    > you are dishonest rather than foolish.
    > Reading "uneducable"[1] as "a fool" is foolish. If you purposely
    > changed this in your reply, then your are dishonest.
    > Reading "indication of foolishness" as "a fool" is foolish. You will
    > probably inflict the same treatment on my use of "foolish". If you do
    > so, then you _are_ a fool.

    Okay, I am a fool then.

    Now, CBFalconer used funny "another indication of foolishness", which
    implied to me that the first thing ("rude top-posting") was an
    indication of foolishness too. Then, I did drop "excessive", only
    for clarity. I can reformulate it:

    Calling a man fool for "excessive cross-posting" is fucking bad manners.
    Thank you.
    Note, "excessive cross-posting" doesn't make sense. Or it makes as much
    sense as "excessive using of a pencil".

    Perhaps I didn't understand subtle difference between "foolish" and
    "fool", and saying that something indicates foolishness of a person
    is not quite the same as calling him foolish which is not quite the
    same as calling him fool. Okay, thanks a lot for a lecture.

    [snip]

    >> Do you know that
    >> many people top-post in real email communication,

    > Newsgroups are not e-mail communication. The form of discussion is
    > completely different. To ignore the difference in context is foolish.

    Ignorance is foolish?

    >> just because
    >> they do so and it's perfectly acceptable in their communities?
    >> Some people even find it hard to read proper quote-and-reply
    >> stuff.

    > Then they are in serious need of remedial education.

    Nah, they need to be told about their foolishness and "rude behavior".
    Yeah, they are extremely rude, they top-post (don't tell anyone).

    Yevgen Muntyan, Jan 21, 2007
  14. Ian Collins wrote:
    > Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    >> Do you know that
    >> many people top-post in real email communication, just because
    >> they do so and it's perfectly acceptable in their communities?
    >> Some people even find it hard to read proper quote-and-reply
    >> stuff.
    >>

    > That's because they have been afflicted with outlook and don't know any
    > better.

    Perhaps. You volunteer to teach them?
    Anyway, I am not advocating top-posting, I am saying that CBFalconer
    posts are no good. Compare these two:

    newsgroup, or:

    and

    Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    Both pollute the newsgroup in the same way, but the former doesn't
    make you feel "maybe he overreacts a bit but he has nice intentions
    and he's knows C and contributes blah blah blah it's all acceptable".
    Well, "you" didn't mean you probably. Not sure how to say that in
    English properly. Whatever.

    Yevgen Muntyan, Jan 21, 2007
  15. Binary

    CBFalconer Guest

    Yevgen Muntyan wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > Perhaps. You volunteer to teach them?
    > Anyway, I am not advocating top-posting, I am saying that CBFalconer
    > posts are no good. Compare these two:

    > Please don't top-post. Your replies belong following or interspersed
    > with properly trimmed quotes. See the majority of other posts in the
    > newsgroup, or:
    > <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html>
    >
    > and

    > Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    > top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    > not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    > which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    Bear in mind that the second was the result of the OP ignoring the
    first. I can allow for ignorance, language difficulties, etc., but
    deliberately ignoring correction is another matter. Time for the
    club :)

    -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
    -- Thomas Matthews

    CBFalconer, Jan 21, 2007
  16. CBFalconer wrote:
    > Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    > ... snip ...
    >> Perhaps. You volunteer to teach them?
    >> Anyway, I am not advocating top-posting, I am saying that CBFalconer
    >> posts are no good. Compare these two:

    >> Please don't top-post. Your replies belong following or interspersed
    >> with properly trimmed quotes. See the majority of other posts in the
    >> newsgroup, or:
    >> <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html>
    >>
    >> and

    >> Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    >> top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    >> not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    >> which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.

    > Bear in mind that the second was the result of the OP ignoring the
    > first. I can allow for ignorance, language difficulties, etc., but
    > deliberately ignoring correction is another matter. Time for the
    > club :)

    "Correction"? So you are said that to him because he ignored the
    following:

    "Many stop even earlier, when they see the rude top-posting."

    Right? That was a "correction"? If I posted a question
    about C, and I had no idea about top-posting business, my
    personal reaction to your reply would be "Idiot" or, if I were
    in good mood, "Huh?".

    And even if he ignored nice polite letter begging him
    not to top-post, he wouldn't deserve that. You know, he's free
    to ignore what you're saying, you are not his boss or his
    father. Don't try to explore this topic though, he didn't ignore
    anything which would clearly state his mistakes or something,
    he ignored garbage post about "rude top-posting".

    Yevgen

    Yevgen Muntyan, Jan 22, 2007
  17. Binary

    krishna Guest

    On Jan 22, 4:09 am, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    >
    > ... snip ...
    >
    > > Perhaps. You volunteer to teach them?
    > > Anyway, I am not advocating top-posting, I am saying that CBFalconer
    > > posts are no good. Compare these two:

    > > Please don't top-post. Your replies belong following or interspersed
    > > with properly trimmed quotes. See the majority of other posts in the
    > > newsgroup, or:
    > > <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html>

    > > and

    > > Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    > > top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    > > not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    > > which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.
    > > --------------------------------------------------------------------Bear in mind that the second was the result of the OP ignoring the

    > first. I can allow for ignorance, language difficulties, etc., but
    > deliberately ignoring correction is another matter. Time for the
    > club :)
    >
    > --
    > <http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt>
    >
    > "A man who is right every time is not likely to do very much."
    > -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
    > "There is nothing more amazing than stupidity in action."
    > -- Thomas Matthews

    Hi ,
    I understand top posting is not acceptable in some communities.Its
    perfect in my community..Im coming your way ;) .Tell me one thing
    CBFalconer,is your intention to 'teach' me something,'spread knowledge'
    or show superiority of your etiquette??If it is the third one I give a
    damn to your posts.Cause everyone here is very clearly here with the
    intention of 'learning something new' and not show
    superiority.Knowledge is for free.If not you someone else would teach
    me with a gentle smile and much polite words,perhaps you might have not
    heard of :).Your posting which use the very polite words
    :fool,foolish,innate stupidity ;) express your superior skills is it
    ;)?This very clearly explains you simple want to show your superiority
    or may be some kind of discrimination??Dont know why you are so
    persistant about this?

    Well let me tell you one thing very very clearly Iam here to learn
    something new and spread it to my friends who are of my kind.As long as
    the post is friendly and correct neither the author nor myself care
    about these things.Iam sure he read the reply and simply continued with
    his work neglecting your comments because my post serverd his
    purpose.If someone is not able to read the short messages its defnitely
    a challenge for them.I was never told by someone what AFAIK means or
    what RTFM means..I had gone through dictionary.com...used google cause
    I 'wanted' to understand the post and not simply read it for fun or
    showing up my superiority over someone who posts it.Iam telling you for
    the last time please do not misinterpret kindness as weakness.Iam here
    to learn and I am least bothered if you are 'opposite of fool' or not
    :) .Thought of ignoring this but could not stop when you used such
    words and still insist on following your way :). I donot intend to
    pollute the very spirit of this group.If you have any issues with my
    posts don't hesitate to mail me.We can take that up in leisure without
    interrupting this groups' activities :).Looking forward for your mail.
    Happy learining.
    -kaushal.

    krishna, Jan 26, 2007
  18. krishna said:

    <40 lines of junk snipped - please learn to trim unnecessary context>

    > Hi ,
    > I understand top posting is not acceptable in some communities.

    Including this one.

    > Its perfect in my community.

    But not in this one. If we join your community, we'll fit in with its
    stylistic norms (but if that includes top-posting, don't expect many of us
    to want to join).

    > Im coming your way ;)

    Then you'll appreciate that, just as it would be proper for us to adapt to
    your norms if we joined your community, so it is proper to adapt to the
    norms of /this/ community if you choose to join it. If you wish to learn
    from the knowledgeable people in this group, you might find it more
    productive not to waste their time by using stylistic techniques that
    hinder efficient reading.

    <snip>

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Jan 26, 2007
  19. Binary

    santosh Guest

    krishna wrote:
    > On Jan 22, 4:09 am, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > > Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    > >
    > > ... snip ...
    > >
    > > > Perhaps. You volunteer to teach them?
    > > > Anyway, I am not advocating top-posting, I am saying that CBFalconer
    > > > posts are no good. Compare these two:

    > > > Please don't top-post. Your replies belong following or interspersed
    > > > with properly trimmed quotes. See the majority of other posts in the
    > > > newsgroup, or:
    > > > <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html>

    > > > and

    > > > Well, you appear to be uneducable, since you persist in rude
    > > > top-posting. Whether that is innate stupidity or bad manners is
    > > > not yet known. You are also persisting in excessive cross-posting,
    > > > which is another indication of foolishness. Follow-ups set.
    > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------Bear in mind that the second was the result of the OP ignoring the

    > > first. I can allow for ignorance, language difficulties, etc., but
    > > deliberately ignoring correction is another matter. Time for the
    > > club :)

    <snip>

    > Hi ,
    > I understand top posting is not acceptable in some communities.Its
    > perfect in my community..Im coming your way ;) .

    That's fine, but it's not fine in this group, and if you want to
    participate with maximum benifit and minimum fuss, then it's wise to
    respect local conventions.

    > Tell me one thing
    > CBFalconer,is your intention to 'teach' me something,'spread knowledge'
    > or show superiority of your etiquette??

    As far as I can tell, he's just attempting to help newcomers to Usenet
    or this group.

    > If it is the third one I give a damn to your posts.

    Your choice, but don't be upset when many regulars start to ignore you.

    > Cause everyone here is very clearly here with the
    > intention of 'learning something new' and not show
    > superiority.

    What's superior in a bunch of helpful links?

    > Knowledge is for free.

    No.

    It's built on the hard work of countless generations, since the dawn of
    human beings.

    > If not you someone else would teach
    > me with a gentle smile and much polite words,perhaps you might have not
    > heard of :).Your posting which use the very polite words
    > :fool,foolish,innate stupidity ;) express your superior skills is it
    > ;)?This very clearly explains you simple want to show your superiority
    > or may be some kind of discrimination??Dont know why you are so
    > persistant about this?

    People can get frustrated when repeated attempts to inform and help are
    ignored. I agree, that insulting words needn't be used, but that's
    human nature.

    > Well let me tell you one thing very very clearly Iam here to learn
    > something new and spread it to my friends who are of my kind.

    Your kind? Is your kind different from other people around the world?
    Do you feel superior about your kind? What, then, excuses you from
    being guilty of the very behaviour you accuse others of?

    > As long as
    > the post is friendly and correct neither the author nor myself care
    > about these things.

    Sure, but many other posters might care that your reply was top-posted.
    He was just attempting to inform you of the generally accepted form of
    posting, atleast in this group. You're of course free to "insist" on
    top-posting, but expect far fewer positive responses.

    > Iam sure he read the reply and simply continued with
    > his work neglecting your comments because my post serverd his
    > purpose.

    Chuck's post would also serve a useful purpose, if people took the
    small amount of time needed to visit some of the links and inform
    themselves about good etiquette.

    > If someone is not able to read the short messages its defnitely
    > a challenge for them.

    Fair enough, but top-posting's damage is directly proportional to the
    length of the quoted post and it's accompanying reply. If one doesn't
    correct oneself, top-posting could become an incurable habit, rendering
    your posts, especially long, involved ones, less readable, and hence
    less useful, than they could've been.

    > I was never told by someone what AFAIK means or
    > what RTFM means..I had gone through dictionary.com...used google cause
    > I 'wanted' to understand the post and not simply read it for fun or
    > showing up my superiority over someone who posts it.

    No one is told what these acronyms mean. Their meaning are generally
    picked up over time. Anyway what has that got to do with your point?

    > Iam telling you for
    > the last time please do not misinterpret kindness as weakness.Iam here
    > to learn and I am least bothered if you are 'opposite of fool' or not
    > :) .Thought of ignoring this but could not stop when you used such
    > words and still insist on following your way :). I donot intend to
    > pollute the very spirit of this group.If you have any issues with my
    > posts don't hesitate to mail me.We can take that up in leisure without
    > interrupting this groups' activities :).Looking forward for your mail.

    IMHO, you're making a big fuss over a trivial incident.

    santosh, Jan 26, 2007
  20. santosh wrote:
    > krishna wrote:
    >> On Jan 22, 4:09 am, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    >>> Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
    >>>
    >>> ... snip ...

    >>> first. I can allow for ignorance, language difficulties, etc., but
    >>> deliberately ignoring correction is another matter. Time for the
    >>> club :)

    > <snip>
    >> Hi ,
    >> I understand top posting is not acceptable in some communities.Its
    >> perfect in my community..Im coming your way ;) .

    > That's fine, but it's not fine in this group, and if you want to
    > participate with maximum benifit and minimum fuss, then it's wise to
    > respect local conventions.

    krishna seems to be trying, and he seems to be saying exactly what
    you're saying. Do you actually read what you quote?

    >> Tell me one thing
    >> CBFalconer,is your intention to 'teach' me something,'spread knowledge'
    >> or show superiority of your etiquette??

    > As far as I can tell, he's just attempting to help newcomers to Usenet
    > or this group.

    So, defending nonsense and insults? What exactly was helpful in the
    two CBFalconer's posts in this thread (hint: they are quoted above).

    >> If it is the third one I give a damn to your posts.

    > Your choice, but don't be upset when many regulars start to ignore you.
    >
    >> Cause everyone here is very clearly here with the
    >> intention of 'learning something new' and not show
    >> superiority.

    > What's superior in a bunch of helpful links?

    Could you try to find those links in CBFalconer replies? Not
    in threads elsewhere, but in the C's replies in this thread, the
    ones you're defending here.

    >> Knowledge is for free.

    > No.
    >
    > It's built on the hard work of countless generations, since the dawn of
    > human beings.
    >
    >> If not you someone else would teach
    >> me with a gentle smile and much polite words,perhaps you might have not
    >> heard of :).Your posting which use the very polite words
    >> :fool,foolish,innate stupidity ;) express your superior skills is it
    >> ;)?This very clearly explains you simple want to show your superiority
    >> or may be some kind of discrimination??Dont know why you are so
    >> persistant about this?

    > People can get frustrated when repeated attempts to inform and help are
    > ignored. I agree, that insulting words needn't be used, but that's
    > human nature.

    Yeah, humans get upset when others can't guess that there is willing
    to help behind insults.

    [snip]
    >> Iam sure he read the reply and simply continued with
    >> his work neglecting your comments because my post serverd his
    >> purpose.

    > Chuck's post would also serve a useful purpose, if people took the
    > small amount of time needed to visit some of the links and inform
    > themselves about good etiquette.

    I even did visit a link there, couple of times, got some nice useful
    advertisements. Anyway, those links were not in the posts you're
    defending here.

    [snip]
    >> Iam telling you for
    >> the last time please do not misinterpret kindness as weakness.Iam here
    >> to learn and I am least bothered if you are 'opposite of fool' or not
    >> :) .Thought of ignoring this but could not stop when you used such
    >> words and still insist on following your way :). I donot intend to
    >> pollute the very spirit of this group.If you have any issues with my
    >> posts don't hesitate to mail me.We can take that up in leisure without
    >> interrupting this groups' activities :).Looking forward for your mail.

    > IMHO, you're making a big fuss over a trivial incident.

    He's not actually. Do read the thread to see who makes what.
    Or do you mean that krishna should have just said "**** you Chuck"
    so there's no point in trying to make up why Chuck's posts were good?
    krishna actually kept polite, and replied twice, to two junk
    posts Chuck.

    I do make big fuss here, I admit. I just hate this conversation:

    C: You idiot.
    K: Sorry, I am not.
    O: C didn't mean anything bad, he just tried to help.
    O2: C is good, he helps.
    O3: blah blah blah
    O4: Exactly, blah blah blah, C is good.

    Yevgen Muntyan, Jan 27, 2007