TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow),not str in windows xp, while mak

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ryniek90, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. Ryniek90

    Ryniek90 Guest

    Referring to my earlier posts:
    http://groups.google.pl/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/4e34f995800f5352?hl=pl

    and

    http://groups.google.pl/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/abf5573b8fceb37e?hl=pl#

    I've dealt with those errors. but now have another.
    When my backup scripts starts to backup chosen file, python gave me
    Traceback:

    "
    C:\Users\Ryniek's WinSe7en\Documents\My
    Dropbox\Aplikacje\Moje_aplikacje\Pythonowe_aplikacje\Skrypty>python ba
    ckuper.py -f F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe F:\ MyGGBackup
    Checking permissions for reading and writing...
    Have permissions on [F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe] for reading.
    Have permissions on [F:\] for writing.
    Preparing for backup [nowegg.exe]...
    Starting backup...
    Now adding [nowegg.exe]...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "backuper.py", line 197, in <module>
    main_meth()
    File "backuper.py", line 189, in main_meth
    paq.backup_file(pars.options.filename[0], pars.options.filename[1],
    pars.options.filename[2])
    File "backuper.py", line 127, in backup_file
    backup_obj.add(read_bin_obj)
    File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
    2.6\lib\tarfile.py", line 1948, in add
    if self.name is not None and os.path.abspath(name) == self.name:
    File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
    2.6\lib\ntpath.py", line 458, in abspath
    path = _getfullpathname(path)
    TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow), not str
    "

    I've searched over google, but found only that is bug in Python (
    http://bugs.python.org/issue4071 - in that issue bug is inside Python
    2.5.2 - i've got ActiveState Active Python with core Python 2.6.2), and
    another info: *http://tinyurl.com/lvyn7o and **http://tinyurl.com/kn49vk
    *

    Here's my script code:
    *http://paste.ubuntu.com/259310/

    *Shouldn't that bug be patched already :-?
    Ryniek90, Aug 25, 2009