TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow),not str in windows xp, while maki

Ryniek90

Ryniek90 said:
Referring to my earlier posts:
http://groups.google.pl/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/4e34f995800f5352?hl=pl

and

http://groups.google.pl/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/abf5573b8fceb37e?hl=pl#

I've dealt with those errors. but now have another.
When my backup scripts starts to backup chosen file, python gave me
Traceback:

"
C:\Users\Ryniek's WinSe7en\Documents\My
Dropbox\Aplikacje\Moje_aplikacje\Pythonowe_aplikacje\Skrypty>python ba
ckuper.py -f F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe F:\ MyGGBackup
Checking permissions for reading and writing...
Have permissions on [F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe] for reading.
Have permissions on [F:\] for writing.
Preparing for backup [nowegg.exe]...
Starting backup...
Now adding [nowegg.exe]...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "backuper.py", line 197, in <module>
main_meth()
File "backuper.py", line 189, in main_meth
paq.backup_file(pars.options.filename[0],
pars.options.filename[1], pars.options.filename[2])
File "backuper.py", line 127, in backup_file
backup_obj.add(read_bin_obj)
File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
2.6\lib\tarfile.py", line 1948, in add
if self.name is not None and os.path.abspath(name) == self.name:
File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
2.6\lib\ntpath.py", line 458, in abspath
path = _getfullpathname(path)
TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow),
not str
"

I've searched over google, but found only that is bug in Python (
http://bugs.python.org/issue4071 - in that issue bug is inside
Python 2.5.2 - i've got ActiveState Active Python with core Python
2.6.2), and another info: *http://tinyurl.com/lvyn7o and
**http://tinyurl.com/kn49vk
*

Here's my script code:
*http://paste.ubuntu.com/259310/

*Shouldn't that bug be patched already :-?
Are you giving it the contents of the file when it's actually expecting
the filename?

Of course the content of the file:
"
C:\Users\Ryniek's WinSe7en\Documents\My
Dropbox\Aplikacje\Moje_aplikacje\Pythonowe_aplikacje\Skrypty>python ba
ckuper.py -f F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe F:\ MyGGBackup
Checking permissions for reading and writing...
Have permissions on [F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe] for reading.
Have permissions on [F:\] for writing.
Preparing for backup [nowegg.exe]...
Starting backup...
Now adding [nowegg.exe]...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "backuper.py", line 196, in <module>
main_meth()
File "backuper.py", line 188, in main_meth
paq.backup_file(pars.options.filename[0], pars.options.filename[1],
pars.options.filename[2])
File "backuper.py", line 126, in backup_file
backup_obj.add(read_obj.read())
File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
2.6\lib\tarfile.py", line 1948, in add
if self.name is not None and os.path.abspath(name) == self.name:
File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
2.6\lib\ntpath.py", line 458, in abspath
path = _getfullpathname(path)
TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow), not str
"

See? *backup_obj.add(read_obj.read())*
In previous pasted Traceback you can see *backup_obj.add(read_bin_obj)*
- read_obj_bin was a reference to the *read_obj.read()* .

Do only I have this problem or Python programming under Windows is
nightmare?