TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow),not str in windows xp, while maki

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ryniek90, Aug 26, 2009.

  1. Ryniek90

    Ryniek90 Guest

    > [snip]

    >>> Are you giving it the contents of the file when it's actually expecting
    >>> the filename?
    >>>

    >> Of course the content of the file:

    > [snip]
    >> See? *backup_obj.add(read_obj.read())*
    >> In previous pasted Traceback you can see
    >> *backup_obj.add(read_bin_obj)* - read_obj_bin was a reference to the
    >> *read_obj.read()* .
    >>

    > The documentation lists the methods "add" and "addfile". Pick one and
    > provide the values it's expecting. For example, if you choose "add" then
    > provide the filename, not the contents of the file.
    >
    >> Do only I have this problem or Python programming under Windows is
    >> nightmare?

    > It's only a nightmare if you don't follow the documentation. :)

    Hahah right. My fault. Must remember to read documentation so many times
    until I find the solution. Thanks, now works fine. :)

    Ryniek90, Aug 26, 2009

  2. Re: TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow), not str in windows xp, while making tarfile

    >R> Hahah right. My fault. Must remember to read documentation so many times
    >R> until I find the solution. Thanks, now works fine. :)

    And, by the way, how come the traceback refers to
    File "backuper.py", line 197, in <module>
    while the posted code has only 188 lines?
    --
    Piet van Oostrum <>
    Private email:

    Piet van Oostrum, Aug 27, 2009