TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow),not str in windows xp, while maki

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ryniek90, Aug 27, 2009.

  1. Ryniek90

    Ryniek90 Guest

    >> R> Hahah right. My fault. Must remember to read documentation so many times
    >> R> until I find the solution. Thanks, now works fine. :)
    >>

    > And, by the way, how come the traceback refers to
    > File "backuper.py", line 197, in <module>
    > while the posted code has only 188 lines?

    Cuz my original code is bit longer - i've got some bookkeepings like
    __author__, __version__ etc., just after module imports.

    Ryniek90, Aug 27, 2009

  2. Re: TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow), not str in windows xp, while making tarfile

    >R> Hahah right. My fault. Must remember to read documentation so many times
    >R> until I find the solution. Thanks, now works fine. :)
    >>>>

    >>> And, by the way, how come the traceback refers to
    >>> File "backuper.py", line 197, in <module>
    >>> while the posted code has only 188 lines?
    >>>

    >R> Cuz my original code is bit longer - i've got some bookkeepings like
    >R> __author__, __version__ etc., just after module imports.

    That can be very confusing for people that want to help you.
    --
    Piet van Oostrum <>
    Private email:

    Piet van Oostrum, Aug 27, 2009