TypeError: unsupported operand types for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'

Discussion in 'Python' started by aurfalien@gmail.com, Nov 18, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I tried to make the subject as specific as possible rather then just
    "help me" or "its broke" or "my server is down", etc...

    So please excuse me if its too specific as I wasn't trying to be
    ridiculous.

    So I've been handed some one else's work to fix.

    While its fun and all, I haven't had much luck in debugging this
    particular issue.

    The error I get;

    File "myscript.py", Line 18, in ?
    projectpath = ourHome+"/etc/TEMPLATE"
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'

    Python 2.4.3

    I've read were when passing a string to exec may need to end with a '\n'

    I've tried a few diff variations on the below line 18 w/o luck. Any
    one mind helping out a bratha from anatha ... planet that is?

    line 18;

    projectpath = ourHome+"/etc/TEMPLATE"

    line 17;
    ourHome = os.environ.get('some_env')