Typename or class?

nietoperz34

Welcome. What better use in templates C++? Typename or class?
Better yes:
template <class T1, class T2>
T1 function(T2 argument);
Or better yes:
template <typename T1, typename T2>
T1 function(T2 argument);

Juha Nieminen

Jorgen Grahn said:
I didn't know #2 was valid, so I have to say #1.

You didn't know that #2 is valid, so you have to say #1? What sense does
that make?

Jorgen Grahn

You didn't know that #2 is valid, so you have to say #1? What sense does
that make?

Do I really have to spell it out?

Ok: I have frequently seen #1, but never or rarely #2. So I assume #1
is the most common form, and thus the preferable one.

/Jorgen

Pavel

Leigh said:
Who says? You?
Count me in, too. Talleyrand once said that speech was given to man to disguise
his thoughts; this may be true for diplomats but I think programming languages
were given to engineers to honestly express their intentions (whether or not the
compilers enforce the implied contracts).

-Pavel